Bike Carriers

FanieFiets

Need help. Currently i just chuck my bike onto my backseat when traveling (which is a lot).  Buying new car and want to buy a carrier. Car doenst have a tow bar. Anyone has experience with the boot carries. Does it damage your car and is the Bones much better than the Holdfast brand?

Baie baie dankie Big%20smile

if you carry your bike a lot get something good for your pride and joy

thule roofracks and proride 591 or a towbar and a thule rack.

ja man, maar my kar het nou nie 'n tow bar nie. As ek dit wil opsit en dan nog R 4 000-00 vir  'n thule moet koop raak dit bietjie expensive. Nie lus vir roofrack nie........ te veel windweerstand en ek is baie agterlosig so bang ek ry hom by 'n garage moertoe! Shocked

Faan wat kos die nuwe kar.... jy is nou net soos 'n fietsryer wat R50k spandeer op 'n nuwe carbon framed Super Duper met Spaghetti groupset en hom dan betjorts omdat hy R100-00 moet betaal vir 'n nuwe multitool!!!! STOEPID FAAN!!!!!

must say, don't go for  a roofrack, that bike up there, lots of wind resistance. And when trucks throw stones up, it might just hit your bike. Rather put a towbar on.

Holdfast makes a very nice AND affordable "BOOT RACK"

R.R.P is R660. (hubbers get discount at ManiC Cycles...Wink)

They are completely adjustable and fit any hatch back, sedan or even "kombi". and no need for any towbar or other mounting.

Ask Fatty & Chillie, we used one to transport two tandems recently when we went up to THE FAST ONE.

I've practically moved all my bicylce stock for the new shop with one.

(Nope, can't afford a Vito yet, its a new business...Cry)

Faan wat kos die nuwe kar.... jy is nou net soos 'n fietsryer wat R50k spandeer op 'n nuwe carbon framed Super Duper met Spaghetti groupset en hom dan betjorts omdat hy R100-00 moet betaal vir 'n nuwe multitool!!!! STOEPID FAAN!!!!!

nie STOEPID as die goedkoper een 100% werk nie. Vir R 5000-00 sit ek liewer vir my kar leersitplekke in worry dan minder oor die grease merke wat ek kan afwipe.

O, ja, my fiets het R 15 000-00 gekos en ek het nie oor die tool gemoan nie. Wink

I would also go for a roof rack.  I've dented my car with one of those boot mounted thingies...

Oor swak design (watte maak was dit)? Of was daar 'n paar fietse op? Ek sal net 1 outjie vervoer.

Sit die fiets in 'n swart sak en sit hom dan op die NUWE LEERSITPLEKKE NEER en hou net op moun!!!!!!

the proride roof rack is R1300 and there's a cheaper one for about R600 odd that also goes on the roof rack - most racks are around R1800 depending on the car.

nice theing about the roof one is that if you carry the bike often its just a matter of putting the bike on the car, no more getting the rack out of the garage, fiiting it to the car, then bungee cords etc to attach the bike....

Need help. Currently i just chuck my bike onto my backseat when traveling (which is a lot).  Buying new car and want to buy a carrier. Car doenst have a tow bar. Anyone has experience with the boot carries. Does it damage your car and is the Bones much better than the Holdfast brand?

Baie baie dankie Big%20smile

Hi Fanie, i bought a new car in JAn, and no towbar either, not wanting dents etc i opted for the Bones. it's brilliant, and would highly recommend it to you. it's not the fasted thing to put on, but it's really stong and sturdy. holds the bikes (up to 3) really firmly.