Frame Shopping

slowjoe

Ok, from my poll to try and find out what factory bikes are hot and whats not, it became clear that buying a frame and building a bike is the best way to go.

The question, which shops sell which frames? Please let me know if u've seen some affordable carbon frames (and where)

I was at westdene lunchtime today, man they got some nice stuff, but cheapest frame was 15k for a Bianchi (quite awesome, but id like to weigh up some options)

If I can get a nice frame between 9 and 12k I;d have enough spare for ultegra groupset and those bling wheels ;)

Thanks for all the comments and help on the poll.

ye i phoned morne bester in waterkloof, going to have a look over the weekend, only worry is that i've never seen those things anywhere else.

Morningside imports pinarello frames, man its awesome, but at 25k a pop for the f4:13 , its clearly not for me 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Big H

Terms and conditions of Use<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Messages are typically deleted as a result of the following:

Profanity in subject lines or signatures, or profanity within messages deemed to be blatant

as opposed to incidental

Spamming or commercial solicitation

OcTall take note please!!!!!!!

Flaming other members with the apparent intent of inciting or perpetuating a conflict or

Argument??. No, I am not flammig!!!!!!

Those Leggera frames I mentioned on the previous thread are worth looking at

I think the frame is about 10 or 10.5k

Damn nice looking

Check www.leggera.com to seeSmile

Is that the frame price of the Leggera Carbon Compact?  Any idea what the frameset weighs?

Chris

Thanks for the info Octall, I dont like either of the brands you mentioned.

why is there no FSA wheels on your site! Now theres something id be interested in :)

Can't offer specifics on frames/prices/etc, BUT: I would recommend spending as much as possible on a frame/fork/wheel combo and upgrade as it becomes possible. Frames [generally] outlasts components and is the first impression anyone gets of your bike...

[PS: My username might suggest I am biased...]

Terms and conditions of Use<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Messages are typically deleted as a result of the following:

? Profanity in subject lines or signatures' date=' or profanity within messages deemed to be blatant

as opposed to incidental

? Spamming or commercial solicitation

OcTall take note please!!!!!!!

? Flaming other members with the apparent intent of inciting or perpetuating a conflict or

Argument??. No, I am not flammig!!!!!!

[/quote']

Please note: I have attempted to pay for advertising on the site, but no answer from you. P.S. Giving advise to someone is not advertising.

From: E Steenkamp:::Marvuli::: [mailto:esteenkamp@marvuli.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2007 7:49 PM
To: 'info@thehubsa.co.za'
Subject: advertising
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi there, I would like to advertise on your site, can you send me the details on costs and uploading the adds, both banner and smaller adds. What is the frequency etc. of display.

Regards

E Steenkamp

Personally i dont mind the advice or advertising! There are WAY too little bike equipment offered online in SA ! :)

How bout those FSA wheels OCTALL

Might be a bit out of your way, but was at Cycles Direct yesterday and they are getting rid of some carbon Specialized frames for 8k. I THINK it was a tarmac frame but could be wrong. They are in Cape Town but dont see why they cant send it up to Joburg.

Just something about specialized, but they make really beautifull looking frames.

Ooooo, I have a soft spot for the tarmac.  Might pop around there!

Also, can someone sort marvuli.com out to advertise on theHub?! They have some schweet deals on Ksyriums at the moment and everyone should know about them.  Just keep a set of ES's for me!

Ooooo' date=' I have a soft spot for the tarmac.  Might pop around there!

Also, can someone sort marvuli.com out to advertise on theHub?! They have some schweet deals on Ksyriums at the moment and everyone should know about them.  Just keep a set of ES's for me!
[/quote']

Noooo!, dont tell anyone anything. At least until i get paid at the end of the month. Looks like i might have to dust off that credit card.

No its kewl, I've actually decided on the Felt F3, just upgrading the crank to Dura ace and im sorted.

Just wish someone stocked the FSA's (i like the rd 600's)

No its kewl' date=' I've actually decided on the Felt F3, just upgrading the crank to Dura ace and im sorted.

Just wish someone stocked the FSA's (i like the rd 600's)
[/quote']

Good choice. Had a good look at the Felts at the Expo, really liked what i saw.