Possible stolen bike?

fatcyclist

I just had a call from Elmarie at City Cycles in Century City. They have a Santa Cruz Blur in for a service, and the owner doesn't seem to fit.

Dark grey Blur, Fox on the front, Fox Float rear, Titec components, Easton carbon handlebar, Hope disc brakes.

If anyone knows of a stolen Blur, please phone Elmarie at City Cycles..

021 555 1288

So from here on in every dad taking his son's bike in for a service, or vice versa, will form the basis of a "suspicious bike APB" on the Hub, as will every bald guy with a boep, who can finally afford his dream bike, when he takes his C-50 in for a service.

Would you service a stolen bike before you sell it for R150 beer money?

if the bike is stolen why would the guy take it in for a service ?

unless the guy who brought it in bought if from the guy who stole it ?

oh well its juts a santa cruz

(I miss my superlight Cry)

*ctr-n, new window, logs onto www.santacruzmtb.com, cries some more*

Would you service a stolen bike before you sell it for R150 beer money?

Stem Saam

Imagine the conversation.......

hello baasie, don't you wanna buy my bike, special price of R300 and I recently spent R 750 giving it a once over. Its got a brand new cluster and chain an yous can go anywhere with it cause its got one of those fancy jobbies at the back.

Naai bru, why so cheap ?

Ag, I need some wine money.

** Disclaimer, any similarity to anyone from Cape town is coincidental. Bru

Big%20smile

On my way to work I drive past a squatter camp. You'll be surprised at some of the bikes these guys are riding. There are plenty of them that are brush painted (obviously so they aren't recoginized), but you can tell the quality by looking at the shocks.

I was riding out near Linksfield about a year ago and saw a guy on a full susp bike (with a 4 bar rear) and a decent Rockshock on the front. It had disc brakes and was painted some weird light orange but had no stickers.

He didn't know what kind of bike it was but told me he bought it from Game in Bruma about a year ago for R800.

I was on a hardtail and even asked if he wanted to swap bikes and he was very eager to swap!

And ?? did you the typical SA citizen thing that complain's about all levels of crime but yet turns a blind eye and wont turn up a bargain too good to be true.

Guest Big H

THIS can ONLY happen in paranoic Slaapstad ...... hey you guys, wake up!!!!!!! There is a real life out there somewhere!!!!!!