Last week argus preporation

Greenie

Can anyone plz advise me on the best thing to do this week leading up to the argus

Depending on your current level of fitness (assuming you have been training for this) you probably want to ride at a decent intensity, but no more than say 90 mins on Mon & Tues and then ease off - maybe Wed off and Thurs an easy ride, Fri off and then Saturday an easy hour with some jumps.

A long taper is not really necessary for a fit rider riding what is an endurance event  - just a reduction in hours and overall load.

just taking it easy this week. Tomorrow (erm...today - Sunday) doing a breakfastrun in a massive bunch of people of all shapes, sizes and fitness levels, so it's going to be a very easy ride.

then the rest of the week i'll just be going out for daily spins - nothing hectic, just 30-50 km a day to keep the legs loosened up.

Ek het my gemaklike Sondagoggend 50km oefenrit gedoen. Nou het ek my fiets mooi gevra om uit te rus vir volgende Sondag en sy kragte op te bou. Ek sal verder op die trap my dood en bly op dieselfde plek (trainer)oefen vir die res van die week. My fiets se Argus begin vandag wanneer ek hom by die vervoermaatskappy gaan aflaai.

Sterkte vir almal.

Guest Big H

Also if you have not trained enough you will not get fit in  a week!!!!! rather rest.

Dont do what i did last night, u'll feel like sh!t the next day.

7 x Tequila shots

1 x single brandy and coke

half a bottle of red wine and a glass of water

I woke up in my clothes this morning and i hope my wallet is still in my buddies car or somewhere in my house.

My tummy is all upset and my head hurts.

But i was not the only one it seems having fun last night at kuda-tah in Edward street, it seems some very well established pro's and ex pro's were also going off, very very off last night as well, boy do i have some dirt on some of them now.....

Ride hard on Friday and Saturday to get the legs going if you are a decent rider. If you are just a funrider like me then good luck...

Resting is overrated IMO' date=' keep the legs going, maybe just reduce the volume. Wink [/quote']

Bruce is right on the volume, this needs to be right down. However, do some very short high intensity intervals / sprints, but mostly rest the legs.