"Screaming" Disk brake !! help plz

ASTANA

don't have disc cleaner now - other household stuff ? 

J?germeister!

But I just now finished mine... will red label work? No, wait, what am I saying...?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

don't have disc cleaner now - other household stuff ? 

J?germeister!

But I just now finished mine... will red label work? No' date=' wait, what am I saying...?

[/quote']

you comparing sh*t with good quality german beverages? shame on you!

well, quick then - if it's finished go and drive to the liquor stor and get some new!

TheLegend2009-04-10 12:18:31

Hey

My front disk is screaming when I break. What can be the problem ? The pads are still new and I cant think of any other reason why it would scream..

Confused.. Confused

When you "break" a brake it probably would scream. SmileWink

If it screams when you brake, then the advice above is probably good. 

Hey

My front disk is screaming when I break. What can be the problem ? The pads are still new and I cant think of any other reason why it would scream..

Confused.. Confused

If it screams when you brake' date=' then the advice above is probably good. 
[/quote']

thanx for backing me up - use J?germeister!

Hey

Confused.. Confused

[/quote']

thanx for backing me up - use J?germeister!

Come to think of it I would actually prefer to drink the J?germeister!Wink

Hey

Confused.. Confused

[/quote']

Sorry for the bad spelling - yeah - a "break" scream . I will write out BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE BRAKE

ps' date=' some people "treat" shimano discs with coca cola. [/quote']

The only thing you should do with coca cola is treat IT with some captainWink

ps' date=' some people "treat" shimano discs with coca cola. [/quote']

The only thing you should do with coca cola is treat IT with some captainWink

NO !!! Bacardi.Smile

Oh, but as to the original point, using coke on the pads seems very counter intuitive towards what is causing the symptoms. It sounds like a treatment that would actually cause the symptoms, so if it works, I'd assume it's actually covering the cause up, not curing it. Either way, I'd not recommend puting something like that on your bike.

Oh' date=' but as to the original point, using coke on the pads seems very counter intuitive towards what is causing the symptoms. It sounds like a treatment that would actually cause the symptoms, so if it works, I'd assume it's actually covering the cause up, not curing it. Either way, I'd not recommend puting something like that on your bike.

[/quote']

someting can't be counter-intuitive towards something, twit. as stated the coke will help bed in the brake, not cover up the cause, which is, simply, that shimano rotors take longer to bed in.

coke will help bed in the brakes.

screaming brakes is usually the result of contaminaton with oil.,..or it can be that the something has not been tightened up properly.

If you've cleaned the lot then check if all the bolts are done up properly

Steel pads? If its dry try running a set of resin pads on newer rotors. I find resin pads run quieter, feel better and bed a new rotor in easier.

If its wet, dont run resin but just sand your pads. Roughen them up by lying sand paper on a flat surface and then rubbing the pad across it. Dont put the paper in your hand and sad 'cos you'll misshape the pad which will perpetuate uneven wear.

Never tried the Coke.

Ok, ASTANA, looks like you have two choices, although, according to hr, you don't even have a problem. 1. live with it, it just take longer for them the bed in (which seems odd that they didn't squeal before, but they suddenly started it - delayed sleep in?) or 2. pour some soft drink on your bike.

Seems like an odd set of choices to me, but hey. the lord of thehub has spoken.

Ok' date=' ASTANA, looks like you have two choices, although, according to hr, you don't even have a problem. 1. live with it, it just take longer for them the bed in (which seems odd that they didn't squeal before, but they suddenly started it - delayed sleep in?) or 2. pour some soft drink on your bike. Seems like an odd set of choices to me, but hey. the lord of thehub has spoken.

[/quote']

didn't whatsherpoke call us the hub gods?