European Invasion for Epic?

HendrikS

Have you guys seen all the top guys coming down for the epic this year. Last year was still ok and you could sort of hang around in the first 60km of the stage.  But this year in the top 15 teams coming down there is like 30 world cup wins between them, 7 world champions, 8 of the top 10 in the world 4 past epic winnier. 

Is this a good thing or bad thing? Yes its awesome they are here to ride with them but they are making it harder and harder to get into the top 20!

Or should we all just bite the bullet and resign to fun rider status...

I think fun rider status is ok - unless you have what it takes to hang with the big boys...

Just what the doc ordered!!!

Now all we need is a road race of a similar calibre so that Roadies in SA can get a first hand look of what goes on in Europe.

HendrikS, the only way to lift SA cycling to world stantard IS to make it harder and harder so tht can only be a good thing. also, do you really want to be in the top 20 if it's only because the competition wasn't tough enough???? if that's what it takes to feel good about yourself, then go ride against little kids then you'll always be in the top 10

So true, and you dont even know Hendrik Steytler, SA's foremost funrider, and coach. Also an ex pro in Europe like so many others.

no i don't know him. i was simply responding to the thread and the implied complaint about the standard being lifted to a level that makes it harder to achieve a "notable" position. further, the "you" in that statement was not equal to "HandrikS" it was a general reference to anyone who does any event and then complains that the competition is too tough because they didn't do well.

hey hey. i never complaind about the competion. I did ride overseas and did ride against some top guys. i know where my limits are. just saying that last year it was easy to be top 20 and this year its going to be harder. yes i am a funrider. nothing wrong with that.