Argus MTB and broken chains..

CaptainDura

anyone else break their chains yesterday in the 55k race. 

I broke mine twice on that gnarly hillclimb on the 55.

I used white lightning on my chain as lube. reckon i will NEVER EVER use it on my mtb again. from now on it is finishline wetlube or nothing..

I reckon i would have broken it again if it wasnt for some very kind samaritan who took pity on me and gave me some lube three quarters up the mountain. Thanks dude. whoever you are.

I also missed the turn-off for the short route due to: bad markings, no marhall at the point, too many riders on the route.....

It resulted in me doing 55 instead of 26.

Twas a bad day for me indeed..

Save your chain next time.

Go up in the granny gear, its when you go up on the big blade, when you start to brake the equipment.

Next time again, when it looks like rain, or when you feel damp underneath the big toe, its wetlube time.

anyone else break their chains yesterday in the 55k race. 

I broke mine twice on that gnarly hillclimb on the 55.

I used white lightning on my chain as lube. reckon i will NEVER EVER use it on my mtb again. from now on it is finishline wetlube or nothing..

I reckon i would have broken it again if it wasnt for some very kind samaritan who took pity on me and gave me some lube three quarters up the mountain. Thanks dude. whoever you are.

I also missed the turn-off for the short route due to: bad markings' date=' no marhall at the point, too many riders on the route.....

It resulted in me doing 55 instead of 26.

Twas a bad day for me indeed..
[/quote'] Use Castrol Chain Lube.

Trust me.