Hub sales descriptions

Cycle Fan

Just bought a crank & BB from a Hubber that he claimed was 'new'. When I received the crank there were scratches and scrapes all over it. After I got the bike back from the mechanic who fitted it, he told me that that the BB had been overhauled 'at home', the bearings were extremely rough and that I should consider changing it as soon as possible. Definitely not 'new'! When I asked the Hubber about it, he said he mjust have sent me the wrong BB and would send another one. I've just received it and it looks worse than the previous one! I need to take my bike back to the mechanic to see if it's even worth fitting!!!

I wonder how far admin is with setting up the rating system...

Anyway, my rant for the day!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it'd be a shame not to name him...

go on guy, the classifieds on this site are built on a foundation of trust, and if some k-nob is giving the rest of us a bad name, we deserve to know about it so we don't get shafted as well.

Otherwise we're just going to hear the negs, and in the end the Classifieds is going to be a cess-pit of nobjockeys who are looking for quick bucks by selling sub-standard shaite that should be relegated to the scrap-heap.

Name and shame!

Guest Agteros

This person definately needs to be showed out!

Recently there has been quite a spate of 'new' items for sale... But the only new item is one from the shop, unused and in original packaging. If it has been damaged in shop (packaging or otherwise), 'slightly' used in shop it might be able to be sold as shop soiled/demo, but if somebody bought the item, and resells it IT IS SECOND HAND. It might be unused, BUT STILL SECOND HAND!

The only reason a second hand car keeps it value is because of the maintenance log book that goes with it. There is no such thing for a bicycle or a part thereof!!

To me the price of a second hand item is 50% of value of that item when it was new... Willing to go up to 75% upon inspection.

How far wittth the rating system Admin?

Its getting pathetic! All this cr@p about ripping people off and stuff! Something needs to be done!

ADMIN!

Its getting pathetic! All this cr@p about ripping people off and stuff! Something needs to be done!

ADMIN!

MUMMYYYYYYY

TheLegend2009-04-15 12:01:15

ADMIN!

MUMMYYYYYYY

DADDDYYY is bigger at my house

Guest Agteros

ADMIN!

MUMMYYYYYYY
DADDDYYY is bigger at my house

But MUMMYYYYYYY has ... uuhhmm.... is softer

Maybe the wording should be, "never been used", instead of new? Buying anything on the web is a gamble. smiley5.gif