Woman's specific bikes

racman

Hi, due to all the gr8 advice i recieved on my bike/frame post I thought I would get a few questions answered by the experts. As I am also looking for a road bike for my wife (158cm tall) I have suddenly come across all the Woman's designs marketing. Is this necessary or is it again a marketing fad. There is not a huge variety out there (mainly Trek & Scott) and they are all at a premium over the normal/male orientated bikes. I absolutely agree on the specific design saddles etc but have noticed that many of the geometries of the Woman's designs are similair to the small men's designs - sometimes only 1cm difference in top tube or seat tube.

There generally are much better buys in small mens than Woman's bikes. Any ideas or suggestions? 

Hey there!

Check this one out

And this is the full bike:

i've had this one, (but the components differ and it's the white and orange model) for 4/5 months now - wonderful bike and rides like a dream. By far the best i've ever had. Big%20smile

So IMHO...yes, i think a women's specific design makes for a more comfortable ride and i would definitely recomend it to all ladies.

I'm only a cm or two taller than your wife, so she'd probably also need a 48/49 frame.
nellie2007-03-05 14:24:10