Payment on the hub

biscuit

How do i go about payment on the hub?

If i do not meet the seller face to face?

do i pay and he sends the good out of his good will or does he send thme and then i pay?

depends on your agreement.

worst case would be you send him the money and he sends you a box of magazines!

It's a hard one...I guess it depends on both parties.

I like to meet, rather then sending my hard earned cash to someone who I have never met.

Seems there is too much distrust between fellow cyclists on the Hub.Confused

Get as much info about each other like contact details etc etc and take it from there. Most Hubbers is trustworthy.

Just my 2 cents..... 

Get as much info about each other like contact details etc etc and take it from there. Most Hubbers is trustworthy.

Just my 2 cents..... 

I know you think that until you get taken for a ride! Ouch

I don't mind being the inbetween. Both can send goods and money to me, will then pass on! Nothing to worry about then Wink!

Postage and transfers take around 2 weeks for me...

Just my 2 cents..... 

Believe me i have been taken for a ride. There is certain hubbers that i wont buy from. Thats why i said MOST hubbers is trustworthy.

Just my 2 cents..... 

Believe me i have been taken for a ride. There is certain hubbers that i wont buy from. Thats why i said MOST hubbers is trustworthy.

Agreed most are good...Big%20smile

thanks guys, im in durban and the seller is in gauteng. This is if i decide to buy the goods. Any suggestions?

depends on your agreement.

worst case would be you send him the money and he sends you a box of magazines!

Nope, not quite. Worst case is he sends you a box of magazines then  insinuates on the hub that you actually received the goods and are lying to defraud the insurance. Then he keeps you on a leash for about 6 months before finally returning your money ... maybe. Angry

It has happened and there have been a couple of more recent issues which I have'nt followed. Do your homework on the seller (and buyer).

I actually think that Admin has been a bit slow on the uptake with this one. There is definitely an opportunity here for him.

what kind of action can be taken against a seller who does not send your goods after you have paid.

thanks guys' date=' im in durban and the seller is in gauteng. This is if i decide to buy the goods. Any suggestions?[/quote']

If you worried get a mate who lives in Gauteng to go look at it for u?

what kind of action can be taken against a seller who does not send your goods after you have paid.

Well that probably depends whether you bought a black GT Zaskar with full XTR or not.

Seriously though, you can take him/her to the small claims court. It takes a while (especially when they do not play along) but you do get results eventually.

Also, blatanly say who you are buying from. Some people have good reputations, others not. If it's BigGuy here, he's ok Thumbs%20UpWink