Licensed Entries ONLY for 94.7

Gumpole

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as bad as it sounds. I did mine: 5 min to complete the form; paid R90 for cyclosport (both road and MTB); left it with my club and recieved my license card in the mail yesterday. 2 weeks from start to finish with very little hassle. 

Guest Big H

Mamba, hierdie gaan 'n warrem post word. Fietsryers spandeer maklik maklik R35k op hulle Super Duper Double Whammy Carbon frame met 'n Spaghetti Bolognaise of Sushi groupset...... maar hulle vrek voordat hulle baie sal betaal vir 'n duurder resies of vir klubgelde en lisensiegelde!!!!!! Ultra Deep Profile Taiwanese Specials is hoer op die voorkeur as om vir die Administrasie in fietsry te betaal. Ek hhor al die stemme WAT KRY ONS VIR DIE GELD !!!!!en DIE KLUBS IS USELESS!!!!!! Kom ons kyk maar of my voorspelling waar is. Fietsryers is eintlik maar vlak en baie voorspelbaar. Dit is hoekom dit so maklik is om hulle moer om te krap!!!!!!

Hmmm, don't think I am going to join a club, buy a licence, enter the 94.7 and fly up to scenic Joburg to do that wet race again.  Enjoyed it last year, but with all that extra money that sounds a bit much for a cheap Capetonian...Thumbs%20Down

Will wait for CSA/PPA to make licences compulsory in CT before doing Joburg's Flushest, sorry, Joburg's Safest ride!

Hmmm' date=' don't think I am going to join a club, buy a licence, enter the 94.7 and fly up to scenic Joburg to do that wet race again.  Enjoyed it last year, but with all that extra money that sounds a bit much for a cheap Capetonian...Thumbs%20Down

Will wait for CSA/PPA to make licences compulsory in CT before doing Joburg's Flushest, sorry, Joburg's Safest ride!
[/quote']Guessing that you are a member of the PPA already so you could get your cyclosport licence thru them.

Also in KZN  ...

LICENCING AND THE CYCLIST

The governing body of cycling in SA, CSA has determined that ALL cyclists participating in races in SA must be in possession of a cycling licence in the same way that all runners require a runner?s licence. This has already been implemented in Gauteng etc and, with effect from 01/04/2007 this will be enforced in KZN.

about time - hopefully the CSA has the guts to kick the PPA into touch at the same time

In principle I don't have a problem with a central governing body, nor the need to license riders. But, do I as a rider have any influence over who represents me at CSA , who runs CSA and where my money is spent?

It's all very well for CSA to 'determine' that all riders have to be licensed, but who died and left them in charge to make such a decision in the first place?  I don't remember voting for them and from what I have seen of their work the only vote I would be in favour of is a vote of no confidence. (Mind you, that said, the Lemmer boy seems to be a useful enough fellow and seems popular with those in the know.)

When all is said and done, all I want is to ride my MTB in peace, with as little admin as possible and I am sure that I am no different to thousands of other funriders in this regard.

So why do I have the horrible feeling that all the cash is going to go into professional road riding for an elite few, and us MTB and even roadie bottom feeders will get ignored.

I think I am a bit slow!!! Am I supposed to have a license to participate in the Argus? I rode the Harmony on Saturday and nobody asked me at any time about a license. i entered in person at Cyclelab on Thursday and nobody asked me a thing.

This sounds like a pile of junk to me 

No problem with joing a club and getting a licence BUT are we going to benifit from it, or are we giving money over to the fatcats again!!

I don't get it... at the bottom of the notice it says, "So enter Joburg?s Safest Race NOW!"

Where's the link/button to enter????

20070307_000415_94-7.gif

every sport has a governing body (cycling has the CSA) so before you start arguing the toss , get informed about your who runs cycling in the RSA.

I don't get it... at the bottom of the notice it says' date=' "So enter Joburg?s Safest Race NOW!"

Where's the link/button to enter????

20070307_000415_94-7.gif
[/quote']

When you find the button let us all know.did a google search as well, no luck.

I went to the CSA website and it confirms my worst fears. I found 36 articles on road riding this year alone, and not one on MTB since October last year.

Hmmm, do they have temp licences. As in running I don't do a lot of races, and don't need a permanent licence. So do I have to buy a licence for 3/4 races a year? And are they giving a discount for belonging to a club, as i understand clubs must pay a fee to CSA for every cyclist, and now this is another cost?cervelo2007-03-07 01:00:01