Argus prologue "bad planning"

VO2max

Really enjoyed the prologue. However I need your input.

I just have a BIG problem of riders having to do the ride in the dark. How could they let the riders only start 18:00. The main road and boulevard part was OK in the dark. However as it got really dark, the end was a huge concern as it ended with lots of turns and through areas without street lights especially past the munisipality building. If the seconding cars were not riding almost on top of the riders they had no way of seeing where they go.

Why they had to end inside the stadium does not make sense. The entrance to the stadium had lots of loose gravel, not to mention the potholes.

They could have ended in the boulevard and not subject the riders to face small fast turns in darkness not to mention gravel that can not be seen in the dark that was on the tar.

I am amazed that there were not a lot of riders falling. Anyone of you having concerns or is it just me.

Really enjoyed the prologue. However I need your input.

I just have a BIG problem of riders having to do the ride in the dark. How could they let the riders only start 18:00. The main road and boulevard part was OK in the dark. However as it got really dark' date=' the end was a huge concern as it ended with lots of turns and through areas without street lights especially past the munisipality building. If the seconding cars were not riding almost on top of the riders they had no way of seeing where they go.

Why they had to end inside the stadium does not make sense. The entrance to the stadium had lots of loose gravel, not to mention the potholes.

They could have ended in the boulevard and not subject the riders to face small fast turns in darkness not to mention gravel that can not be seen in the dark that was on the tar.

I am amazed that there were not a lot of riders falling. Anyone of you having concerns or is it just me.
[/quote']

I hear your concerns but as far as I know there were no accidents.

Part of making the Giro more like some European formats. The teams could choose who starts at what time.

I enjoyed it and I heard no serious complaints from any of the riders.

As a spectator I enjoyed it thoroughly, BUT I would also have hated riding some of those sections in the dark...particularly the section through the parking area and turning into the stadium.