Cyclist stabbed on N2

javadude

From IOL:

A

final year University of Stellenbosch student suffered a punctured lung

after he was knifed and robbed on the N2 between Stellenbosch and

Muizenberg at the weekend.

Emile du Plessis, 23, was cycling between Stellenbosch and Muizenberg on Sunday when two attackers pushed him off his bicycle.

One of the attackers wore a black glove on his left hand.

"They took my belongings, money, an MP3 player, and stabbed me in the

chest before running away. My one lung collapsed and I had to have an

operation. Cycling is not safe anymore," Du Plessis said.

He was released from hospital on Monday.

Du Plessis said both attackers were shaven and quite well dressed. One of them was wearing sunglasses.

"It (the attack) felt very long but not more than a minute. A person in

a Land Rover who saw everything, but didn't intervene due to the risk

of maybe getting shot, picked me up and took me to the Hottentots

Holland Hospital.

"My right lung collapsed so they had to put a drain in. In the evening

I was transferred to the Medi-Clinic in Stellenbosch. I was released on

Monday after they removed the drain," Du Plessis said.

Du Plessis reported the incident to the Stellenbosch police, who

transferred the case to the Harare police station as it falls in their

(Khayelitsha) district.

velo2007-03-07 03:52:07

I trust he was not actually on the N2...if he cycled between Stellenbosch and Muizenberg that must have been on the "coast road" which passes by Kayelitsha...I hesitate to take that road by car during daylight.  Sorry to hear about the incident, but that is an extremely dangerous piece of road.

Ja, thought that was strange as well. I cant think of a single safe route between Stellenbosch and Muizenburg.

Guest Big H

En julle durf waag deur te se Gautengeleng is bad!!!!!!! Nie 'n enkele veilige pad tussen Stellenbosch en Muizenberg nie!!!!! Wow DIT IS sad!!!!!!! Hoe gaan my vriend Jan daar survive.

Cape Town - Two men stabbed and robbed a 23-year-old cyclist on Sunday afternoon as he cycled on the R310 just outside of Stellenbosch, causing his right lung to collapse

he is supposed to ride ironman,currntly recovering in his hostel.lets hope he is fine in time.

• 10 years later...

On Sunday 26 March 2017 at 08H15 I was stabbed in my back opposite Cloetesville just outside Stellenbosch. Two hours later my left lung collapsed. Suspect ran after me when he did not manage to get me off my bike and attempted to stab me again in an attempt to get my cell and Bike.

Motorists saw everything happening and Traffic Dept was busy erecting a speed camera hardly 200M down the road. I stopped next to them and requested assistance.

I even pointed the suspect out but no attempt was made to arrest the suspect as he disappeared amongst the flats. I was admitted at Medi Clinic, phoned Stellenbosch SAPS twice to send the officers to me for statement in the hospital, nothing happened until today. Shocking!

On Sunday 26 March 2017 at 08H15 I was stabbed in my back opposite Cloetesville just outside Stellenbosch. Two hours later my left lung collapsed. Suspect ran after me when he did not manage to get me off my bike and attempted to stab me again in an attempt to get my cell and Bike.

Motorists saw everything happening and Traffic Dept was busy erecting a speed camera hardly 200M down the road. I stopped next to them and requested assistance.

I even pointed the suspect out but no attempt was made to arrest the suspect as he disappeared amongst the flats. I was admitted at Medi Clinic, phoned Stellenbosch SAPS twice to send the officers to me for statement in the hospital, nothing happened until today. Shocking!

Shocking indeed.

That is hectic!  Please, when you can, take the issue further with SAPS station commander at least?  That's not acceptable.

I hate to say this, but the lack of response from officials especially when asked for immediate assistance is just asking for people to take the law into their own hands.  Point being, without the, there is no law.

Hope you recover fast!

Maybe out new police minister will sort this stuff out rather than making pool videos and promoting men of no integrity and honesty to leadership/senior positions.

Then again his track record in sports is pretty deserving of a big promotion. Not.

Baden Powel Drive has become a dangerous road to ride, especially the section past Khayalitsha. From the description I have to assume that's where he was. Not advisable at all.

heal up quick bro :thumbup:

we got stoned by teenagers on roadside outside Cloetesville where the R44 meets the 310 weekend before the CTCT also during daylight with cars passing

lots of cyclists go that way so if you want one to target  we are easy to find there :ph34r:

Why didn't you go the police station after been discharged from hospital?

Could not drive and I have been in bed the whole week.