Giro ripped to pieces:Helshoogte

snah2

Just finished watching great stage of Giro 5X up Helshoogte.

Bunch disintegrated solidly,biggest losers Microsoft who seemed to be taking it easy for sunday.

Barloworld fullon attack and looks as if their 2 foreign riders got 1 and second.

KM Froome impressive in next bunch of 3.

As mentioned bunch in shreds from lap 2 onwards and small groups of approx 10 ave struggling all the way.

Great cycling and HARD!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome thanks........perhaps thy will take austins call for the move away from flat 100km "classics" leading up to our only international tour....

Austin's team took knock today,KM were impressive.

As far as I could make out riders like Lyll,Arno Viljoen (namibia) who are some of the more established climbers also minutes off the back.Was an uncomfortable south easterly gutterwind with 30+degrees heat.Man these boytjies sufferred.

Cant wait for tomorrow!Daar gaan baie seer bene wees!

Fatty ,how's the legs?

Are you ready for that 100km break on Sunday?

I heard Spinnekop and the TCS guys are all fine and had a good day!!

todays stage is a piece of cake compared to Friday's - there are so many places to attack on Malanshoogte and V Hok. i reckon the peleton will be strung out like a seeded funride from the first lap, then you still need to ride into a strong wind on the way back to the finish. Conties is windy when the south easter is not blowing. its like a wind tunnel when it is. you get guttered on the way to the quarry and then its straight on the nose to the Tjunction.

SmileGiro Stage 1 Clean sweep for Barloworld - 1st Cardenas, 2nd Sabido, 3rd Efimkin. Seems they just rode away from the field one at a time!

Just an early sorting of the men from the boys!

Malanshoogte and V Hok are molehills for these guys. A few years ago during the Giro, Willie Engelbrecht went up Vissershok in his big ring. They treat that thing like a powerclimb Shocked The thing that's gonna get them is the wind and heat in the badlands.

Any idea how our hubbers did? Donkey' date=' willpower, TitusTi, Spinnekop etc? [/quote']

Fatty, there's no nice way to say this....Cry but they really suffered.  I wish I could see Will, but he was hiding in the bunch, I think.  Clyde and Lance...lets just say, I felt for them.  But hats off to them, they hung in there Thumbs%20Up 

It was really really HARD....

Will and Maartens crashed on a downhill, Helshoogte, finished far down. Mike Sowerby, now riding Harmony top 20, Erik K, Maties, punctured, as well as Hannachi 2nd lap, 4th bunch. Ryan kemp maybe eliminated with some UCT and Acsis riders.

M v Staden suffered far down, back still hurts after Herald crash.

Tomorrow very underrated, going to be hard. On the Helderberg circuit, 10 laps.

Latrinus busy with a report to post on Giro site, results tonite.

Austin's team took knock today' date='KM were impressive.

As far as I could make out riders like Lyll,Arno Viljoen (namibia) who are some of the more established climbers also minutes off the back.Was an uncomfortable south easterly gutterwind with 30+degrees heat.Man these boytjies sufferred.

Cant wait for tomorrow!Daar gaan baie seer bene wees!
[/quote']

This is exactly why I said we need harder racing. Then the young guys can get used to it more quickly. Now they will just have to be patient and take the knocks, learn from it and come back stronger. My 3 younger riders are still high up in the GC for u23. Dont see many challengers in a year or two as there are none of their age that have managed to stick it through and make it as far as they did( and they will still be u23 in 2009!). At least good to see Phen coming back into it!