How come we find this acceptable

JayC

In our quest to be internationally recognised on all fronts and the fact that we do possess the technology.

Why do we Saffa's still find it acceptable that nearly 24 hrs after the event we can still not find a decent race report and full details of yesterday's stage of the giro.

not all of us are down in the Cape at the moment but would like to know how our boys are doing. On another post on this site I can at least see who one and the first few places, but I would also like to see how much damage our other SA riders sustained but can't.

the organisers and the people running their web site should be hung not only by us the supporting public, but by the team managers too, cause with out support, there would be little sponsorship and hence no event??Angry

I agree, and the whole purpose of having a live news feed is that you provide live news. Not news that is 3-4 days old.

How hard can it be to put up the results on a daily basis.

We receive better updated from the hubbers on this site than the so called cycling web sites.

Maybe you guys down there can start taking some action photies or even videos for us action/news/cycling starved highveld blokes?

Same crap year after year with the Giro. With Latrinus being a web techie I was hoping it would be different this year, but he's clearly got bigger fish to fry this week.

Same crap year after year with the Giro. With Latrinus being a web techie I was hoping it would be different this year' date=' but he's clearly got bigger fish to fry this week.[/quote']

And that is a pity cause I saw him on supercycling the other day talking about improving communication between CSa and the cycling community and I would have though race results like these would form part of communications

I'm not sure if we must blame Rasta.

Maybe CSA must contract a sports writer to do reports, giving it to Rasta to update the site.

Pretty sure he got meetings on meetings, arguments on arguments, and still ensure the team is prep on the next day.

And in between the man needs to eat, drink and sleep.

So, he has his work cut out.

Sure, not saying he should do the writing, but he said on the show one of his tasks/objectives was to improve the comms, so if he is not theone to do the writing then surely he is the one to arrange for a writer or atleast ensure that a writer has been arrange/contracted etc.

Surely UCT or Stellenbosch or some other local education institute must have loads of aspiring journo's that could have free lanced for the week, put in the lead car or even a team car, something, anything, but we have nothing

After todays stage when Ryan Cox, Daryll Impie and 1 other were over 4:40 up the rode on the bunch with 30km to go, I am sure Ryan will be in the lead with 3 teamates 2, 3,4 on GC.

Not sure/don't care who's responsible here, but there should be a media liason person on this race. It is/would be their responsibility to issue results and press releases.

At the Cape Epic every evening they were recording TV summaries for global broadcast that same day. Here we can't even get the results by the next day. Poor show.

After todays stage when Ryan Cox' date=' Daryll Impie and 1 other were over 4:40 up the rode on the bunch with 30km to go, I am sure Ryan will be in the lead with 3 teamates 2, 3,4 on GC.[/quote']

We are all sure they would be in the lead but we want the GC and the results.

Apparently they have problems with the web host.

It is connected to the cycle tour site and the huge amount of volume makes things a bit slooooww.

It was a concern before the start of the giro but due to contracts?!. It will be address.

There is race report on www.supercycling.co.za

Not really a race report, more like a very short summary.

Go to cyclingnews.com and there you will see a race report.

The report should include all the events of the day, the first couple of attacks, weather conditions, some brief info on the route for the day, the overall results, including KOM, Points etc and the whole GC list and team standings.

This is on Cyclingnews

Barloworld sweeps podium in South Africa

By Susan Westemeyer

Team Barloworld put its stamp on the Giro del Capo Wednesday, finishing first, second and third in the second stage. F?lix Rafael C?rdenas won the stage and took over the leader's jersey.

He was joined on the podium by teammates Hugo Sabido, second, and Alexander Efimkin, third. Sabido won the mountain jersey, and the team won the team ranking.

"I have selected the best riders in our team to compete in this race, and they have achieved their objective today," said Director Sportif Claudio Corti. "We wanted a podium finish, but with all three Team Barloworld riders lining the podium and securing top positions, we will have our work cut out for us, in ensuring we continue to be victorious."

David George of CSC Marcello finished fourth, and vowed to keep fighting. "I am not going to give them a tour victory on a platter," he told cyclingnews.co.za. "They will have to work for it. I think tomorrow's stage around Vissershok and the hill climb time trial is where the tour is going to be won or lost."

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Apparently they have problems with the web host.[/font][/P]

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>It is connected to the cycle tour site and the huge amount of volume makes things a bit slooooww.[/font][/P]

Hugh volume?

If they are experiencing volume issue from a mere couple of thousand hits a day, then they have a poor service provider. (And I mean the cycle tour guys hava a poor provider)

Thanks Mampara,

But still not a full report just a short highlight, this type of reporting is fine for immediately after the stage but not 24 hours later shouldn't even be for 3 hours later in our technology enabled world.