More Barloworld

Old Dog

Big%20smileAnd I see that TBL is racing it's no.1 team in Italy this weekend!!!!! 

Barloworld for Milano-Torino

Team Barloworld is looking to repeat its last year's success in Milano-Torino this weekend. Although 2006 winner Igor Astarloa is no longer in the team's ranks, it is sending a strong line-up, with two riders who finished in the top ten in the Swiss races last weekend, Pedro Arreitunandia and Kanstantsin Siutsou. In addition, the team is also sending Mauricio Soler, who won the climbing competition in the GP di Lugano.

Barloworld for Milano-Torino: Pedro Arreitunandia, Kanstantsin Siutsou, John-Lee Augustyn, Giosu? Bonomi, Diego Caccia, Giampaolo Cheula, Enrico Degano, Paolo Longo Borghini, James Perry and Mauricio Soler.

Old Dog2007-03-08 12:00:14

Seems a bit harsh Old Dog; Cox and Hunter in the B team and John-Lee Augustyn in the A team?  Something does not compute.  Plus they have their principal DS at the Giro?

Hey Lem, if that's the case would'nt it be a poor indictment of the quakity of our fields if the still kick our butts doing base mikes.

**drop head in disbelief**

Just want to say that in the team there is no A and B team, they normally choose the riders on the condition and on what terrain suites them the best! Disc2007-03-08 13:31:52

ApproveI was being a bit facetious! I believe that the Giro del Capo is the most important event for TBL just now because the Company directors (Barloworlds) want a SA win! In the greater scheme of things however, European UCI points are of main importance to count for a TdeF wildcard so TBL needs to perform in these, and the M-T is a HC cat event with plenty of points available.

They're not doing base miles, they're revving the engine.

Would you not expect the to dominate ??  If not, there would be something seriously wrong.