Why should i....

chris414

Hey guys

To take 1 bike company for example:  The Felt F4 is a full carbon frame with ultegra weighing 8kg and costs R18000.  Their F55 is uluminium frame with durace weiging 8.1kg and costs R16500.  Why should I spend an extra R1500 when all im getting is 100g off the weight and a worse groupset?  Is carbon fibre vs aluminium really worth that much when the weights are so close anyway?

Chris

Because it's carbon it's suppose to be "exclusive". What about my 5 year old CAAD 4 with 9spd 105 with no name brand handlebars and cheap Look knock-off pedals coming in a tad just under 8kg. Replacement value (CAAD 5 and 10spd 105) = R14 500.

Big%20smile

Then don't spend the extra on the carbon frame mate -- for that difference it's really not worth it - Carbon is the in thing true but hey so many have carbon bikes but cannot ride to save their lives - Question & besides the "worse groupset u refer to - just ain't so"

"DTThumbs%20Up"

carbon is suppose to be a softer ride????

You are part of the carbon fetish club?

You think that the frame is more important than the groupset?

You think that ultegra is more robust than dura-ace?

You have the extra money?

As cyclists, we like to change our bikes every few years. Compare the resale value of an aluminium framed bike to that of a carbon framed bike. Everybody wants carbon now days.

Chris414.  I did not ride those bikes, so I can't say what the difference in ride will be, but my Carbon Trek rides 100 times nicer than the Aluminium Trek, I used to have.  I've never had a Dura Ace grouppo, so I don't know what I'm missing I supposeWink

I would go for the carbon one if I were youApprove.

Why do a BMW driver upgrade from a 318 to a 320?

Why do they buy it in the first place? It's easier to spell.LOL