Another cyclist knocked down in Jhb?

Chilli Pepper

Not sure but I heard on the news this morning another cyclist was knocked down at Maxwell drive?  Does anyone else have more info? 

I heard on a traffic report a cyclist got knocked down on Northrand Road or there about in Boksburg.  Also don't know more. 

Traffic reported cyclist knocked down at Buccleugh this morning, my brother reckons it was a dude on a 'dikwiel' going to/from work. may not be a recreational/sport cyclist like ourselves but it still hurts to hear about it.

NEWS24

Johannesburg - A cyclist is fighting for his life in Johannesburg General Hospital after he was knocked down by a taxi in Sandton early on Friday morning, paramedics said.

ER24 spokesperson Werner Vermaak said the accident took place at the intersections of Maxwell and Old Pretoria roads in Sandton.

Numerous paramedic services converged on the accident scene, but the man's injuries were so severe that he was airlifted to hospital.

Johannesburg metro police's superintendent Wayne Minnaar could not immediately provide details of the accident.

Not good, even if it was only a guy on a dikwiel going to work. Hope he is not to bad.

I saw the carnage on thursday morning. Yes it was a guy on a dikwiel traveling to work. I use Old Pretoria road to work evert day. The taxis use the gravel verge as a free way.

If nothing is done for these poor commuters we are going to hear a lot more of these stories on this section of road.

NEWS24

Johannesburg metro police's superintendent Wayne Minnaar could not immediately provide details of the accident.

......and when he does it will only be the usual drivel that comes out of the incompetent fools mouth!!!