Mounting a petzl on helmet

MTBiker

How do you mount a headlight on to your helmet in a non-permanent way. Ive made bar lights and just want a small light so i can see where i look and for back up

Gaffer tape. Works like duct tape but doesn't leave residue. Can buy it at CD Fox in Cape Town, I think they are in Hout St. It's fairly expensive, but works well (probably about R80-100/roll by now).

NO ppl - let me Explain.Wink You don't need to permanently put it on your helmet. The best one is the tikka XP either way the all work te same

Just loosen the buckle - where the 2 ends meet - push the flat/end part through the opening - so that the 2 ends are loose with the light in the middle. now put the light on your helmet and push the one end of the strap through the side front air vent do the same on the other side.

pull them through then push each one out the back side of the helmet. Now the straps are through the helmet and the light is on the center of the helmet in the front.

What you do now is pull both straps out the back on the top and push the one through the other so the strap is back to normal, now you can tighten if needed.

This works wonders - easy to put on and off. does not bounce around even on the most hectic mtb bike rides. Did the transbaviaans last year with one on my head and one on my bar - enough light.

if its too confusing I will look for pictures to demostrate what I mean or I will take pics tonightLOL

if its too confusing I will look for pictures to demostrate what I mean or I will take pics tonightLOL

JerraConfused

But it sounds like a good idea.I will give it a try 2night.

Does anyone know who has stock of the old Topeak Moonshine battery?

JerraConfused

LOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL This is the best reply I ever had - Your cracking meClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

buy yourself the Petzl Tika XP - it can spot and spray the beam and it can adjust up and down a few degrees - works very good on the helmet.

Will send some pics if necessary.

You basicly just undo the straps (by pushing the end strap with the flat pastic strap end through the rectangular plastic stap thing where the stap end fits on). look in the book of scroll the net to see how to undo the stapping. Easy if you just think about it and check it out. You have to turn it to get through the plastic stap holder any other way it will not go through.

ITS a weird thing to explain in words how to do Dead

JerraConfused

LOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL This is the best reply I ever had - Your cracking meClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

buy yourself the Petzl Tika XP - it can spot and spray the beam and it can adjust up and down a few degrees - works very good on the helmet.

Will send some pics if necessary.

You basicly just undo the straps (by pushing the end strap with the flat pastic strap end through the rectangular plastic stap thing where the stap end fits on). look in the book of scroll the net to see how to undo the stapping. Easy if you just think about it and check it out. You have to turn it to get through the plastic stap holder any other way it will not go through.

ITS a weird thing to explain in words how to do Dead

I got a Tika

However I also got a Topeak Moonshine for my handle bars which has become out dated and I need an extra battery or 2.

If I had to rely on a Tika to ride the single track up here in Bots I would prob fall to my doom down an antbear hole.A few months ago the guys here disturbed a rather large python which tried to take a hap out of the last outjieShocked

[A few months ago the guys here disturbed a rather large python which tried to take a hap out of the last outjieShocked

Always make sure there is at least one slower rider than you in the group.

I realized it isn't a petzl it is a energizer headlight . The strap is stuck you cant undo it to wrap around a helmet

Any more ideas

I mount mine with a patch of double sided tape right where the petzl goes, then cable ties as well. I get away with only two.