Lemond on KFM this morning

javadude

Greg Lemond was on KFM this morning. He mentioned that him and Lance dont see eye to eye since Lemond questioned his involvement with the dubious roid doctors. He never accused Lance outright but questions why anyone needs a doctor to help him ride a bike race.

There are a lot of people that Lance doesn't see eye to eye with...

I think its easy to be on that list.

Has LeMond indicated what time he will do in the Argus or does he just ride and if te boys that have paid money to ride with him look after themselves.If you can call it riding with him amongst 200 people.

He will be starting at 9:30, riding in Virgin Active colours. Says hes not that fit, 15 to 20 kilos above his ideal weight.

Jan is starting at 7:30. There are lost of issues between Lemond and Lance. Lemond had a deal for his own bike brand and then Lance screwed him over with Trek and Lemond nearly lost everything. Don't know all the detail. There were court cases a year or so back and I think Lemond won the case.

Jan is starting at 7:30.

SWEEEEEET!!! So he's gonna pass me at some stageBig%20smile. Lovely!Smile

I saw Greg today, he cycled past my friends and I with a Power Bar guy and I said to them "Hey, That's Greg..." to which they replied "Naaa, can't be him, he doesn't look like that!".

We past him going over the top of Suikerbossie (from the Llandudno side) and said "Howzit Greg!". He replied; so that was my experience with the Tour champ...

i like greg - he was the man (together with 'the badger' and 'the professor') when i first started getting into cycling!  

Still think his win in 88 or 89(?) taking it in the last stage TT by 8secs over Fignon was one of the greatest TdF victories. What a race that was!

Read an article in a Bicycling mag from later that year where the writer was relating how on the first day of that year's tour, Lemond's first after being shot, a bunch of journos were having breakfast and wrote the names of who they thought would win onto little pieces of paper and chucked them in a hat.

Said writer wrote Lemond and when it was pulled from the hat and read the whole room apparently errupted in laughter!

I got to fondle the bike he is riding in the Argus the other day Hug

It had just arrived at JustFun so we had a quick peek - he will be signing the top tube and the bike will be auctioned or something.

u know i kinda think lemond is juts a little jealous cos Armstrong kind took his honour away as being the only American to do it and then Armstrong just owned it after that and i kinda think greg don't like it.

but u know he has achieved so much, i mean the vast majority of humans wish they could do what ppl like him have achieved.

But i think it's a problem for ppl who have such intense ambition. They always look up (and rightly so) but occasionally they should just take a look behind them, might just put things into perspective..... and make them stop for a second and say "U know wot, i'm pretty special already!"

Smile