Campag Adjustment

racman

Does anyone know which bike shop in Cape Town area knows how to adjust Campag group sets properly. I am tired of returning both my bike (Record 10s) and my son's (Mirage 10s) to my LBS after servicing due to bad adjustment. After 3 returns the adjustment is still not right.

Alternatively, any resources or hints on how to adjust front & Rear derailleurs would be most helpfull. Maybe the best is to DIY!

Guest Big H

Ditto I endorse what Jim says. The instruction are concise acurate and easily explained. The satisfaction of a smoothly running rear derraileur is very gratifying........ if you cannot get it right change to Shimano because they are always right!!!!!

I battled for a long time to get mine to work properly, being messed around by every single bicycle shop I tried - even the guys that sold it to me!

Ultimately, out of deparation I read the instructions and applied what it said METICULOUSLY.  I have never missed a shift since, on either double or triple sets.

Hi Racman,

I find Campag to be pretty bullet-proof once set up. It takes a bit of skill to get it right, though, but following the manuals should see you through...

Good luck!

Alot of skill? Since when does it take alot of skill to adjust gears? You set the limits and then turn the nob until it shifts smoothly?

You got me, Titus. It is rather simple if you know how to use a philips screwdriver and have motory function in your hands. Just wanted to push some business the LBS way...Wink

Racman, glad you came right, hope you enjoy the Campag experience from here onwards

EB

You got me' date=' Titus. It is rather simple if you know how to use a philips screwdriver and have motory function in your hands. Just wanted to push some business the LBS way...Wink

Racman, glad you came right, hope you enjoy the Campag experience from here onwards

EB

[/quote']

South Georgia hey, where in South Georgia, I have some friends in Conyers.

TitusTi, he said a BIT of skill not a LOT of skill. This would mean that I would need to be able to "skillfully" hold a screwdriver without dropping it, while at the same time turning the pedals and remembering what I read in the manual (of course it also takes a BIT of skill to read as well) and applying the correct rotary movement of the screwdriver to the correct adjustment screw to achieve the desired result. Of course it would also require a BIT of skill to determine when I had reached the desired result!