what do you to wash your MTB with?

L.T.G

Haga' date=' demoraste muito tempo a responder. Foste procurar o teu amiginho para traduzir o que quizeste dizer? Ele como e que se chama? Joazinho Mariquinhas? Como e que tu pagaste ele para o favor? Com outro favor? [/quote']

What, where the hell am i , on the wrong site.......pjxcpoLSLfdsjxzl; (i totally agree thanks for letting me know)  LOLClap

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone cover the washing with a high pressure sprayer?? Took many pages to go back...

Haga' date=' demoraste muito tempo a responder. Foste procurar o teu amiginho para traduzir o que quizeste dizer? Ele como e que se chama? Joazinho Mariquinhas? Como e que tu pagaste ele para o favor? Com outro favor? [/quote']

What, where the hell am i , on the wrong site.......pjxcpoLSLfdsjxzl; (i totally agree thanks for letting me know)  LOLClap

Just to explain, I am saying to Big Aitch that he took a long time to respond to my post, and I speculate that he went to look for his little friend to help him to translate what he wanted to say. The I ask him what his little friend's name is? Johnny Gay? And I ask him how he repaid him the favour, and whether it was with another favour?

I expect he's with his little friend right now working out a witty repartee.LOL

Sunlight & amanzi = bad idea. High pressure hose = even worse (unless you are washing a submarine or anything else designed to keep H20 out under high pressure). I use Clean Green, Prepsol, couple of Addis brushes & garden hose. Undiluted CG in my Parktool Cyclone chain cleaner and on reeallly bad days Parktool Chain Reaction (I say really bad days 'cause it be expensive). Discs I clean with a discbrake cleaner I got from Builders'. Spray and wipe away. Easy. I use a old home trainer as a stand whilst washing my bike. In need of a hot tap in my garding though... Freazing my bal... sorry, hands off in the winter months... Thanks for the parrafin tip.

Ive been cleaning my MTB with water, sand and dust.

Feel like crying when I think about it, but I have so so little time on my hands.

When I do have some spare time it is a choice between

Riding, cleaning my garage, car, bikes, house.

Riding normally seems to win.

The one thing I do try to look after is my drivechain though. I will always look at my chain and gears if it looks a bit shabby, I clean it then relube it.

Once in a while i will clean them or get them serviced.

They look brand new then.

Until the next ride that is.

Even my road bike looks terrible after just one or two rides. Does everyone find this to be the case?

Guest Big H

Just to explain, I am saying to Big Aitch that he took a long time to respond to my post, and I speculate that he went to look for his little friend to help him to translate what he wanted to say. The I ask him what his little friend's name is? Johnny Gay? And I ask him how he repaid him the favour, and whether it was with another favour?

I expect he's with his little friend right now working out a witty repartee.LOL

Nope .... Alta Vista Babel!!!!!!! I cannot speak a word of Porra!!!!!!!

I am not the pansy that uses scent to attract men to his bike....... POTPOURRI ....... yecchhh!!!!!!! Even if it costs nothing I will not use it!!!!!!!

Let me just go and ask my girlfriend...................................

She uses Prepsol' date=' she also washes my offroad bike with it and its works the best
[/quote']

How on earth do you get that right?  I once offered my wife the amazing privilege of washing my dirt bike...  the look she gave me could have melted the polar ice caps!!  LOL

I've always used either Prepsol or a similar stuff called MotoX on my offroad bike and now on my MTB - works brilliantly
Stoffel762009-05-14 09:22:18

just some questions /thoughts.

If u use a high pressure hose , doesnt that force water into all areas u dont want water?? like into your fork seals ??

And how do u clean the grit out of your chain without cleaning the lubricating agent out completely. Logically there are areas in your chain which is lubed  and degreasing cleans all of it out. So how do you get lube back into those fine cracks etc again unless you can soak it??Confused