20070313_040548_dsc00179_1.jpg

The engraved face plate with my bikes name - Svalbard

20070313_040618_dsc00180_1.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the name! My Scott is called Blue Nirvana, very similar frame geometry.

Seatpost seems very steep angle, how does she ride?

Ahh, nice to see the 24 hour competition has gotten more fair now, it was just too easy when you were on a hardtail. Cool bike! You ready for the Epic?

Having quite a dilema - is Svalbard a guy's name, or a girl's name, or an it's name? I want it to be a "her", but Svalbard makes her sound very butch!

Only been on the tar, and a short section of dirt, and the ride was so very different to my hard tail. Kept checking to see if there was a problem with my rear tire as the bumps felt very smooth.

Either an ejector seat, or a panic handle - if the riding gets too tough I can take the chicken sh!t option and lower the saddle.

Very butch indeed! Sounds like a lesbian with facial hair (no offence intended to any actual lesbians with facial hair on this forum).

Ahh' date=' nice to see the 24 hour competition has gotten more fair now, it was just too easy when you were on a hardtail. Cool bike! You ready for the Epic?[/quote']

hehe - yeah - that hardtail did make my life a bit difficult.

I just wish the Epic would start now - got lots of nervous energy. Just want to get down to the riding.

Nice one Velouria....was wondering when she was arriving.

Like the colour.

Congrats! Thumbs%20Up

Was just telling SARA over the weekend that nothing beats getting a new bike! Speaking of which....she still needs to post pics of her new steed Ermm

HaHa, I know hw you feel! Had the same thing before Giro, the cool thing now is that there is nothing you can do to make yourself any better/fitter/faster all you can do now could only be negative. Have fun!

Having quite a dilema - is Svalbard a guy's name' date=' or a girl's name, or an it's name? I want it to be a "her", but Svalbard makes her sound very butch!

[/quote']

Actually it's a Norwegian territory and it means "cold edge"... guess it is a "her" thenBig%20smile

Hey Velouria, Nice bike dude, can't believe it's finially here!!! Not fair thou, you already kicking my ass, now you just going to make me look silly!!!Dead

.....now you just going to make me look silly!!!Dead

Like you needed any help Tongue

Nice to know some things haven't changed!

Actually it's a Norwegian territory and it means "cold edge"... guess it is a "her" thenBig%20smile

I googled the name yesterday - but never made that connection - so a she it is - with facial hair and all....

Guest Big H

Nice Bike!!!!!...... Nice Groupset!!! Is that an suspension seatpost or a hydraulically controlled ride height seatpost..... like the office chairs we use. Does it not add a lot of weight?????

Not much weight at all (and weight is not such a big issue - it is a mtb). The rider's weight depresses the seat post, compressing air, which then is used to extend the seatpost when the lever is pushed (and the rider lifts his bum off the saddle).