Tri Nations Track Event

Brakkies Sport Fotos

Got a race manual with every riders name.

My Question:

Why was the Riders Race Number not printed in the Book.?Why was the Riders Race Number not printed in the Book.?

Ek moes terug ry huistoe om 'n blerrie pen te gaan haal en om nommers in te skryf.

Toe ek klaar geskryf het, kon ek nie uitmaak wat ek geskryf het nie.

blerrie fools !!!!!!

The event was organised by CSA. I think that answers your question.

But in the end I think it was a very successfully meeting.

Information was non-existent eg. Qualifying times, Laps remaining,points etc.

I went to the 6-days of Rotterdam in January and you cannot even start to compare anything.

PS. Saw Marvulli and Risi out training on the road in Stellenbosch at 9:00 this morning.

groot lem, ons het vir jou gewag, maar jy was weg.

Ek koop toe 'n kis bier soos klein lem gevra het, toe kry hy klein koppie.

Toe suie Fanie dit op.

next time is jy nie so gelukkig.

German sprint precision - Sunday, March 11, 2007

More than 3,000 spectators witnessed a precision sprint exhibition by the German national team on Friday, 9 March.

The German sprint squad led by Olympic and World Champion, Stefan Nimke, made a clean sweep in the sprint events at the International track test at the Bellville Velodrome. Morn? Blignaut gave the Germans an early fright after he qualified with the quickest time in the 200m match sprint. His time of 10.59s is a new Western Province record. However Nimke's experience showed in the final and he forced his way in front of Blignaut to control the pace and to win the match sprint title.
Rene Wolff used calculated, but interesting tactics in the keirin final when he drifted upwards ever so slightly when Blignaut tried to pass him with the bell lap approaching. The two collided and the South African crashed out of the meeting. This resulted in Germany taking all 3 of the podium spots in the keirin.

South Africa started the 1500m final without a recognised sprinter and could only manage a third spot behind the Germans.

There was more controversy to follow in the madison after Chris Willemse collided with the experienced 6-day racing icon, Bruno Rissi. Rissi could not continue. Garth Thomas was able to hold of the attacks whilst he waited for his team mate, Willemse, to return to the track. The duo restored SA pride for the evening by winning the madison.

Use a better commentator thats more informative. And exciting' date=' I know just the person.Wink[/quote']

A skinny bloke from Stellenbosch did a very good job at the start of the Giro in Paarl when a couple of scholors streched their legs around the Paarl track. LOL

But now you have the inside track to CSA so use the connections!

Voor julle twee piesangs plannetjies begin beraam, klaar dit uit met Rasta.

Hy het oppie tievie gese, hy gaan dinge regruk. En ons hubbers glo hom.

So, ons gaan hom vertel julle tweetjies dwaal af.

Use a better commentator thats more informative. And exciting' date=' I know just the person.Wink[/quote']

I'll second that.....the best part of the evening's commentary was when the microphone's batteries went flat.

Use a better commentator thats more informative. Wink

or that knows the difference between Garth Thomas and Chris Jnr, or knows when the rider has been of the track for more that 10 mins or knows where the Maddison originated.....and and and.....Angry

Guest colonel

Can no one ever say anything positive about any race or event in South Africa?? FFS you people are incredible!

Can no one ever say anything positive about any race or event in South Africa?? FFS you people are incredible!

LOL It was positively bad commentating.LOL

Of course we can be positive....read some of the other threads about the track meeting.   The organization on-track was excellent...no delays between events, non-stop action.  Excellent crashes.  Good, sly little drift from the third German to take out Morne in the Keirin.  Some obviously good verbal threats to the Germans after the Keirin incidents...anybody else notice how they all just folded quietly in the "Devil"?  Magnificent tactical racing by Marvulli et al in the points race.  And all of that would have been missed if the meeting had not taken place.  So kudos to the organizers for putting on this show.......but I still maintain the commentary was crap.

HomerSimpson2007-03-13 07:04:46

That Marvulli guy is an absolute machine, man he rode hard!!! I was unbeleivably impressed!!!