We all missed a Hubbers performance in the Ladies

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

Cherise was the second lady in on Sunday. Again this amazing young lady perforemed and excelled!!!!!!!. WEL GEDAAN CHERISE EN BAIE GELUK!!!!!!.

I gave my mixed tandem entry to Attie, her uncle and they (I assume Levinia) did the first lap in 3:01:01 and the second lap in 4:19. Ekke is groen van jaloesie en ook trots dat my entry dit kon doen!!!!! Baie geluk!!!!!!

janee oom H! Daardie girl mag maar 'n fiets trap!Clap 

Die downside daarvan is dat ek en sy onder dieselfde ouderdomsgroep val...Confused...ek het nie 'n kat se kans nie.

Volgens die clueless commentators is sy 'n eerste jaar 0/23. Maar anyway, sy het great gery! Het haar sprint bietjie miss time maar het die gap op Anke vinnig toe gemaak!

Guest Big H

Sy het die regte gene Nellie. Kyk laasmaand se RIDE!!!!!

jip, ek het dit nou die dag gesien...ek dink ek gaan my ouers 'sue' oor hulle vir my die verkeerde gene gegee het...LOL

Het julle die top vroue se tyd gesien.  Nou dat hulle met die Vets ry sien mens vir die eerse keer hoe sterk hulle werklik is!  Dis scary!

Ag wat kan ek se....ek is sooooooo trots op haar.... julle het nog niks gesien nie....wag tot sy by worlds kom!!!!Wink

jip' date=' ek het dit nou die dag gesien...ek dink ek gaan my ouers 'sue' oor hulle vir my die verkeerde gene gegee het...LOL[/quote']

If my daughters were puppies this is what their bloodlines would be.

Grandfather #1    South African colours in two sports

Provincal colours in two sports,

Grandfather #2    Provincal colours for squash

Grandmother # 1  South African colours for hockey

Grandmother #2   Keen hockey player

Father                   South African colours in two sports

Mother                   Provincal colours in hockey

And yes they are good at sports as well.

why do the ladies need to ride with the vets to show us how strong they are? what would happen if they were "ringfenced" and had to race on their own, would we then not only see their strength but also their race and tactical skills. racing with the vets just means the get taken to the line and the best sprinter wins.

racing with the vets just means the get taken to the line and the best sprinter wins.

Anke is by no means the fastest ladies sprinter. Only three ladies could keep up with the men. For once the strongest rider won.
Mud Dee2007-03-14 03:13:13

yeah, also think they should have a "clean" race with no "help" and I mean it in the nicest possible way girls.

The only way that'll happen is if they start with a 20min gap just after the Vets or B group and we all know no1 likes to wait that long, so I don't know. It also makes the work of the camera guy difficult with all the guys in the group, but ja, the 5mins coverage the girls got was a f*cking joke!Angry
Marius2007-03-14 03:20:18

If my daughters were puppies this is what their bloodlines would be.

Grandfather #1    South African colours in two sports

Provincal colours in two sports' date='

Grandfather #2    Provincal colours for squash

Grandmother # 1  South African colours for hockey

Grandmother #2   Keen hockey player

Father                   South African colours in two sports

Mother                   Provincal colours in hockey

And yes they are good at sports as well.
[/quote']

How do puppies play hockey (scratches head)?!

racing with the vets just means the get taken to the line and the best sprinter wins.

Anke is by no means the fastest ladies sprinter. Only three ladies could keep up with the men. For once the strongest rider won.

and their lies the problem, if they rode on their own maybe more of the ladies would have contested the sprint, not only the three who kept up with the Vets.

and their lies the problem' date=' if they rode on their own maybe more of the ladies would have contested the sprint, not only the three who kept up with the Vets.
[/quote']

I dont understand? Thats the exact problem. If they race on their own some ladies just sit at the back of very slow bunch and then sprint for the line. Thats not racing.

NOT AT ALL should the Ladies ride on their own cuz there is simply to few good ladies to MAKE the race. say 5 of them really race, the rest just sit there nd do jack sh*t so they can hng on by a thread on the climbs, or get dropped on the climbs nd then race as hard as they can just to get back on and the sit in.

Racing with the men just mkes it that much harder so that the best girl actually wins.

simple - they don't get paid if their average speed is low (obviously taking into account conditions). the women don't race with the men at SA's why should the Argus be any different - oh i forgot the PPA make up the rules