Argus Theft

nochain

So anyone else on the hub that got cleaned up on Sunday?My car was parked in one of the parking areas near the start and they broke the window and stole my cycling bag with just about everything in it that I took with me to Cape Town,they even stole Beee's walletCry.

Going by all the glass lying around they must have broken in to at least 20 cars!!

The worse is my Assos pants was in that bag!!!AngryAngryAngry

Dankie vir al ons vriende wat so baie uitgehelp het na die tyd ,julle het dit regtig heelwat makliker gemaak vir ons!!!ClapClap

Hey Nochain, heard from Copman Sunday night what happened, very upsettingAngry

Were you in one of the payed parkings or on the side of the road??

Wonder Woman ,I was Parked in one of the Parking areas at the start ,Looks like they just waited for everyone to start and then went crazy!!!Angry

Guest colonel

I heard that Rupert Rheeders stuff was stolen from SAA. His laptop, clothes, money etc.

I was actually waiting for this to happen.  During my one and only Argus I asked my cycling buddy (who lives in CT) whether it has ever happened, to which the reply was that he was waiting for it.

never nice to hear of this kind of thing cos no matter how well you rode the day will always be a lousy memory.

makes me very very thankfull that my folks and family have always been willing to help out at the Argus in terms of dropping me off and then picking me up after i've finished

I think you two just had very bad luck over the weekend. Certainly wasn't one of your funnest!!!

It can only get betterBig%20smile

My side, it helps having a hubby who doesn't ride...

Ja jong - dit was sommer aaklig!!!!Dead net al die moeite wat mens moet deur gaan om alles te vervang!!! But hey, at least we contibuted to the Cape Flats Development Fund!!! (ek nie heeltemal soveel soos Nochain nie...)LOL

Gelukkig het die vriende die trippie die moeite werd gemaak!!!!

And now Chilli_Pepper wonders why I made us ride to the start and back (even if it was a 40km's return trip)Confused

And now Chilli_Pepper wonders why I made us ride to the start and back (even if it was a 40km's return trip)Confused

I didn't even wonder, I just figured you wanted to torture me...ConfusedOuch

You're forgiven, next year I'll be booking into the hotel at the start and you will be riding from my place to the start of the Hyper!!WinkLOL

chilli, better idea... make him come up for something like the telkom... then park the car at my place... and then make him cycle to the start WinkLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL