No sponsor for Giro 2008?

snah2

I read on Cox's website that the Giro del Capo has no sponsor for next year!

Anyone knows more about this??

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit early to say a race has no sponsor.  I believe PnP sponsorship term is ending so inevitably their will be negotiations for a new sponsor and with the current sponsor.  Give them a chance to do the negotiations before jumping to conclusions.

Saying Tour Durban has no sponsor would be more correct, as the race is planned for April and as far as I know is sponsorless.

Guest colonel

Faaaark that early to blow news like that. I know of a motor vehicle company that has put in a tender for it.

I read on Cox's website ...

Can you post a link to this? I have looked all over his site, and I reckon I'm going blind...

Faaaark that early to blow news like that. I know of a motor vehicle company that has put in a tender for it.

Don't suppose that Motor Vehicle company wants to sponsor me to go to the States and race the World 24 hour champs, by any chance?

Well if latrinus have a problem he must just PM me and we

can have a chat. I might have a possible sponsor. Well it won't hurt to ask and

the possibility is good. 

i am not involved with sponsorship procurement for the event, and has never been....that is a task for mr bellairs and the team at the events office....

i was just executionary and it was a once-off (contracted)

"I hear there is no sponsor for next year but I hope this changes as we need this race in SA" or something to that effect on www.ryancox.co.za in his race report on the Argus.

I am not computer literate enough to quote/attach/edit it onto this hub site.Sorry for that.

i am not involved with sponsorship procurement for the event' date=' and has never been....that is a task for mr bellairs and the team at the events office....

i was just executionary and it was a once-off (contracted)
[/quote']

So, are you not organising the event in 2008?

Oh.... well if it is Mr Bellairs I am not intrested anymore to help. He know enought people to get the sponsor on his own

Crux in general I am willing to help as much as I can to help cycling but when it comes to Mt Bellairs I refuse to help because he only cares about himself and what he can get out of it. 

Thanks for your honesty Cyclemania. Would be interesting to know how you reached your conclusion.

Crux in general I am willing to help as much as I can to help cycling but when it comes to Mt Bellairs I refuse to help because he only cares about himself and what he can get out of it. 

LOLLOL

LOL

Thanks for your honesty Cyclemania. Would be interesting to know how you reached your conclusion.

Maybe he doesn't like pink shirts??????