Tri Nations...Madison win a scam

longbow

Went to go watch the tri nations event on Friday and enjoyed it. It was fantastic. Racing wa sgreat and vibe was excellent, but then I saw the downside of it.

After the event had finished and the prizes were being handed out, I saw a very pissed of Garth Thomas consulting with his madison team mate Chris Jr.

I decided to snoop over and try to catch the ass end of the conversation. Turns out, the R 8500 first place prize money they had won actually had to be paid over to Marvuli/Rissi. Seems the win in the madison was paid for and Garth Thomas knew nothing about it.

I felt really bad for the lad who was obviously excited about the win not knowing that firstly, they hadn't actually won the race fair and square and secondly that Chris had paid for it out of their winnings.

Now I know that Chris Willemse Senior is a crook hence his nickname Skelemse, but I had no idea that his son was of the same bad morals.

You could see just how upset Garth was about it too. I feel very sorry for the poor bugger. I also feel sorry for the fans that paid good money to see racing that was actually rigged.

I should have known earlier. The SA team was getting their asses whipped the whole evening then all of a sudden pull of a madison win. The alarm bells should have sounded just there and then.

Chris, you are a cheat and a disgrace to be in SA colors.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

I just bet that's the first time that a race was bought and paid for.

Well, maybe just the first time that evening.

hey bikemonster, I know its obviously not the first time.

What dissapointed me was the fact that Garth had ridden his heart out without knowing about the deal. Its unfair that he lost his portion of the prize money with even knowing about it.

Guest colonel

Hmmmm, so the rumours are true then......I heard a similiar story on Sunday.

Hansie was innocent. It was all an illicit scam. He admitted it cos he had been drugged and brainwashed, so leave him out of this!

Minty

I am glad to see you and I have the same opinion on Hansie.

We most likely share the same opinion on this thread.

He-he.....well to be honest David, I'll form an opinion once we have some concrete evidence. I've jumped to far too many conclusions in my life. Never a good thing. Plus I really don't know anyone involved, have never really heard much about Father Willemse or any of the family's dealings.

Now please.....stop interrupting my attempted thread-jacking Wink

Donnerdag! We have a general problem in cycling with regard to that kind of thing. How many times have we seen people making a deal where u "swop" or "trade" a stage win for yellow jersey, or share intermediate sprints. Its so common place that we got used to it. Or you make a deal with someone to help your team defend a yellow jersey in exchange for money.

I thought it was interesting when Ian mcCloud suddenly started working on the front of the Giro bunch, helping CSC on the Helderberg circuit stage where a BW rider went away with Impey and Jaco Venter.

I'm not saying anything happened, I just cant see the reason for Ian to work.

Sometimes a rider cant pace and you tell him he may not sprint, in exchange for the money or not.

If this is true, its really bad, it is very possible.

I think a lot of races from TdF to funrides is cooked. Sometimes you "leave" a rider cause its not important, you can beat him if you try to. Is that cheating. Like if he is too far down on GC.

If I'm Garth I'll keep the money, stuff them. I'll get the story tomorrow night.

No problem..........pity Admin is on the board. No fun when him and the mods are here. Can't swear and cus and post nude pics or anything.

How am I supposed to pull off a decent hi-jack?

I need an accomplice.

So David#7.....what's the deal with the #7? Big family....parents not very creative with names?

Thumbs%20DownThe rigging of local track events - especially the invitational ones - has been going on for years! The "guaranteed" prize money constitutes part of the bribe for some of the more well known riders to attend the event. I can recall very well when a cyclist of particular interest to me was crapped on from a dizzy height because he upset the plans of the hierachy by riding to hard!!

Watch carefully and you will see 1 or 2 individuals going around all the teams setting up the days plan!

Groot Lem

Pease keep us updated.

Minty

Its just that I am modest and did not want to be theating by calling myself David 7" (inches) ha ha ha