Tri Nations...Madison win a scam

longbow

Marvuli en Risi het die heel aand in BELLVILLE se kleure gery' date=' maar die Madison in CSC kleure. Is dit nie 'n teken dat daar wel 'n scam aan die gang was nie ? [/quote']

if there more than one pair of riders from the same team one of the pairs rides in different jerseys otherwise there would be confusion.

its difficult to tank a track race especially the shorter ones but i know that some promotors (follow my eyes upwards) would ask of the riders to spice up the action i.e. flicking and elbowing etc. points and madison is a bit different as it is very tactical. riders must still attack and ride hard to win. maybe Chunky can come in here and advise. i cant believe that the promotors would promise a rider the win and not tell the rest of the race about the arrangement. btw the crits that take place in the weeks after the TdF are all rigged.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris

Probably gave the money to the guy he crashed into because he is a

sports man and wanted to show there was no hard feelings. I might have

done the same thing if I crashed into some1 that might have won if I

have not done so.

Did they also sing kumbajah around a campfire?

If money

was exchanged as is claimed that's matchfixing, and the people involved

shouldn't be allowed to race tricycles.

Was rigged for sure. Just about every Tri nations or Three day event is rigged to a point.Not sure I would pay R8500 to win a tri nations madison though.

Realistically Risi and Marwuli could have lapped them ten times if they wanted to.

Besides, I was told by another member of the team that they paid for it. So this story is not Bullsh*t.

Pitty Garth didnt know about it, I would also be a bit p'eed off.

Chris Jnr is not here to defend himself, he's away on a 8day tour in Lybia. And I still don't think he or his father cheated and you are all just guessing anyways, here is no proof what so ever.Thumbs%20Down<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I wonder what will be achieved trying to get an answer from CWC.

If he says no one half will say he lied.If he says yes the other half will call "cheat"

No win-win here and best answer will be "no comment".

Well ask Gary Rabie if he knows anything about it, he was there racing in the same race, and he is on the same team. And he's a hubber.

Gary - what are your veiws on this??

for now yes,

but the next time a track meet @ velodrome or werever, will not see me again.

And hoppefulley more spectators is inform, and than the cheats can ride for themselves, and the other riders not riding a diccipline can clap the hands.

THE ISSUE HERE IS:

Did SA TRACK CYCLING APPROVE this?popeye2007-03-15 09:12:45

_popupControl();

Can one then also buy your medal at the Olympics ? I wonder??.. 

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Where does one draw the line between right and wrong? 

Does such a line even exist? 

Or did mammon blind our vision?

chris jr. is in libi? so geen comment van sy kant af nie, Chris sr. s? dis bog en Garth s? dit is snert...

nou moet elkeen maar glo wat hy wil...

_popupControl();

Can one then also buy your medal at the Olympics ? I wonder??.. 

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Where does one draw the line between right and wrong? 

Does such a line even exist? 

Or did mammon blind our vision?

Was rumoured after 96 Atlanta games that Sylvio Martinello paid 1 million Dollars for Points race victory. Not sure how accurate the amount is but every rider at the worlds cups etc was talking about it.

6 Day racing is laden with pay offs. Norally what happens is you fall into a certain group. Three groups are allocated. You cant really move out of your group. 1st to 4th then 5th to 8th and 9th to 12th.

On some occasions the leaders will come to you and say ok team so and so, its your night to take a lap. All that means is the bunch will not chase extra hard for the few laps grace you are given. You still need to be able to ride away from the group that is riding tempo at 55kmh. Not so easy hey !!!

When I went to Europe the first year and was racing in England, I was making more money by loosing than winning. I got there a month or so into their season and could no way win the series. I did however manage to make the final of the sprint all the time. The norm was to take the 2nd place prize money and the first place prize money. Added to that the other riders sponsor would pay an additional amount equal to the winning money.

In Japan, big steps are taken to avoid riders fixing the racing. You are not even allowed to communicate with other riders on the day of big races. No wearing of watches or any jewelery as it could be a sign. Guys even have to have similar looking bikes all the same colour.

It will always happen. One year in the Tour de Langkawi it was the downfall of the South African team. Robert Hunter with Mapei US Dollars paid the South African team to chase down David George. It actually resulted in no South African winning the tour that year and Tom Danielson went on to win the tour.

Teams who are out of the running and have made no money during the big tours normaly offer their 'services' to other teams in exchange for mullas.

He he. I have even heard of guys paying to win medals at SA champs. What a joke. If someone needs to pay to win a SA medal that I think is pathetic.

Was rigged for sure. Just about every Tri nations or Three day event is rigged to a point.Not sure I would pay R8500 to win a tri nations madison though.

Realistically Risi and Marwuli could have lapped them ten times if they wanted to.

Besides' date=' I was told by another member of the team that they paid for it. So this story is not Bullsh*t.

Pitty Garth didnt know about it, I would also be a bit p'eed off.
[/quote']

I was at the track event for Burger Sanlam in 2003 and as I know some people I made a guess. So I said 1hours before the final race Will it be so and so to rider X (top international rider). And he said I was almost correct, its easy most off these promotional events are rigged for local riders.

If racin is really on most S-A racers will be shelled in the first quarter off the race but that is not aht the crowd wants too see. Give what the crowd wants it is. Very common in Six day racing too. 

Crazy German you are spot on.

Had Risi and Marwuli wanted to ride away, they could have done it on lap one. But who would want to see the SA team chasing for 40km three laps down.

They are proffesionals and know what the crowds want to see.

Anyway who cares. As long as the spectators enjoyed it at the time. R8500 still seems a very hefty packet to pay for a madison at Bellville with one good team there.

What obviously wasnt rigged was Morne Blignauts time in the 200 meters.

10.59 is super fast in Cape Town. The world cup in Cape town didnt even see that time by the fastest qualifier, I think he only managed 10.68

Morne should be able to win B worlds hands down in the sprint and Kierin.

Risi is practically the Godfather of track racing or to more precise 6 day racing. He's the guy everyone goes to when there's a problem or something needs to be sorted out. Like Bettini arguing with (?) forgot his name in a recent 6 day. They go to him to sort things out.

As has been said...what's the point of watching a no contest. Maybe they should have picked weaker opposition ??

and you van bet your azz that Risi got some cash to come to SA too :-)