HUNTER KNEW HE WOULD WIN

MooToo

...on the other hand, Lance Armstrong is heckled, jeered and SPAT UPON during the Alpe D'Huez TT, grits his teeth and wins the TdF again.

Or, if you prefer, also in the 2003 TdF, Jens Voigt is in a breakaway, with a group containing Jan Ullrich behind, and Ivan Basso in a third group.  Team orders are for Voigt to drop back and wait for Basso.  Voigt does so, then turns himself inside out to help Basso reel in Ullrich.

The next day Voigt, who is German, is heckled and jeered by German spectators who feel that he has done a dirty by helping his team mate catch a fellow German cyclist.  Voigt sucks it up, although if you get a chance to see "Overcoming" you will see that he was very, very angry.

This proves 2 things:

1. Hecklers are as clever as hammers.

2. Jens Voigt is deserving of hero status.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But I agree' date=' he should not have gone back for more![/quote'] He NEVER went back for more - at least not until it was pointed out to him that the spectator was still shooting his mouth off. He had no idea of who it was that did the booing & swearing at him.

Him, another TB rider and a couple of MTN riders congregated on the corner further down. Robbie described to them what had happened and then they started signing autographs, having their pictures taken and generally being good ambassadors for their sport. Some kid then came over from where he was standing next to the asshole "spectator" to tell RH that he was still going on about what a prick RH was. At that point RH went back.

Sure it's not right, but don't single him out. Many, many other sportsmen have been cited for the exact same thing and we accept that there was provocation. South Africa even threatened to withdraw from a series in Australia as a result of poor spectator conduct. Herchelle Gibbs was banned recently for exclaiming that a supporter was an animal after he had been heckled. It's a natural reaction to being abused by people who don't know you from Adam. That is the real problem more than the response.

Windbreaker2007-03-15 06:21:22

Too much information!!! I never like history much BM. But your post definately proves the point that the spectators are normally the ones to blame.

Windbreaker, I wasn't there to see what happened, If you will read all of my posts you will see that I said what RH did is probably what I would have done aswell, I thought the only reason he went down was to confront the crazy spectator. Boonie2007-03-15 06:30:33

Going at 100% up a climb and then being insulted! You cant think when your on a hillclimb going flat out.

Trick question Boonie - what if the vets catch the juniors again and we all zap you. You caused it, so its excusable then in'it mate?

Ag please moaning about a zap sign' date=' come on guys. Stop the verkrampte afrikaner mentality. If he wants to zap an oke let him do it.[/quote']

AMEN!!!!

But I agree' date=' he should not have gone back for more![/quote']  Some kid then came over from where he was standing next to the asshole "spectator" to tell RH that he was still going on about what a prick RH was. At that point RH went back.

Dam that little kid, LOL I hate it when that happens, U know wen u paste someone from far away or behind their back and then some little goody two sheos decides to go split on you

I would have beaten that kid to within and inch of his sugar high from all his jelly tots (I am eating jelly tots at the moment hence the phrase).

Just becos i'm not man enough to go say something like that to somebodies face does not mean someone has to go spill the beans on me - that little punk LOL LOL LOL LOL

tooHot!!!!2007-03-15 06:39:45

i based my comments on the grounds of thte fact that he didn't go back for that reason - he was in the area and the &^%$ was poitned out to him. to then confront the guy is, imho, ok. pulling that zap sign when the majority of eyes and cameras are on you (as a professional) is not (because sponsors won't like that kind of thing).

And it is also possible that he have to pick his nose the next time with a broken finger !! Like Marius said rage like that can see you get hurt .

IMHO

RH is an Supreme A$$hole on 2 accounts:

1. Reacting to a spectator who heckled him and

2. Going back afterwards to confront him,

The fact that he did both 1 & 2 whilst wearing a Sponsors kit just confirms my statement.

Thug, point is that he didn't go back for the spectator - he went to join up with some other guys to sign autographs... the $%^& was apparently still going on and someone else went and told RH and pointed him out

Isnt telling some one he is an a$$hole on the HUB the same as throwing the finger? The only difference I suppose is that we cant see your sponsors outfit and that no little kid was involved!

Rugby

Wahl Bartman leaps over the field and clobbers a specator

Ulli Smidt leaving the field floors a spectator.

What about that spectator that clobbered the ref that timeOuch, and then went and hid in the mountains....Big%20smile