Saddle review

RodTi

Hello all!

Any mtb'rs ride on Velo saddles? Heard they are pretty similar in material and construction to the WCS [Ritchey] - obviously not the same, but close - at half the price?

Don't have particular model name - but mtbr.com seems to only have ratings for freeride/downhill/comfort ranges...

So would like to hear from anyone who rides one and is happy with them...

I need to replace my saddle unfortunately - apart from Velo and WCS [+/- R800] - any others at the mid R500/600 worth looking at? Or should I not skimp and fork out the cash?

Apart from comfort, longevity and possible weight considerations [not really an issue on the mtb] - any particular reason why I should spend R1000/1500 on a saddle?....

Thanks!

RodTi

I'd reccommend a Fizik Gobi - having had a wcs and velo on previous bikes, I can honestly say the Gobi is worth every cent!

You rear will thank you! :)

K

I ride with 2 saddles on my bikes, road, track and MTB, flite gel and fizik arione Ti, they both very comfee when ridden in.

A plush but heavy saddle is the Selle Italia prolink gel. It almost feels like my hardtail has a suspension seatpost. A small problem is that the rails are on the short side, so do not offer a lot of fore/arft adjustment.