Ride Sunday Pta

MichH

OK OK, I know its a bit late. But if anyone wants to join us, ThePanda and I are doing a 45km on Pta urban singletrack on Sunday. Some fairly technical trails. Starting at 7:30 at Waterkloof Ridge Shopping centre.

I'll post better directions if needed, but take freeway to Centurion, head on towards Menlyn, take R21 offramp left. First offramp turn right. At 1st robot (McD's on left) turn left. Circle left, shopping centre 500m further on right

Reply to this post, I'll monitor for replies.

Nah, not that bad. We usually ride this trail at night! Anything you ride at night can't be that bad Big%20smile

Come and join us. If you can do 45km, you'll be guaranteed to having fun

flip, we have a picknik thing going on sunday @ church. mich your ride sounds much better than to spend the day with hipocrates and people whom own tv's. toppic of the week? 7de laan?

Cois, I never want to say ride instead of going to church, evening session might work?

Hmmm, I don't own a TV and I've never watched 7de Laan :)  The riding will not be very rough... I'm only getting back into cycling slowly now, so we will probably average about 12 - 15km/h.  Fairly technical riding, but we can make up the route as we go along.  I know plenty of track around PTA.

So, there were 4 riders at the end of the day; ThePanda and I, my dad and Sgt Skills. we set off on a beautiful autumn morning, winding our way through the little known dirt trails of Pretoria East. Our route took us up the impossible hill, down a 2km singletrack enough to make anyone smile, across to Smuts House which we stopped to have a look around, and out to the cement factory on another perfect singeltrack. We headed home next to the railway line and arrived back at the Dros for much needed lime milkshakes.

What better way to spend a Sunday morning!

much better than to spend the day with hipocrates and people whom own tv's.

Hipocrates - wasn't he the ancient greek fella that came up with the oath for doctors?

Wouldn't want to spend every Sunday with him but one might be interesting.

I've heard enough about that race to be scared!! Anyway, we wanted to do a social ride, all in all, I had a great day out and didn't regret not being at the race at all, chuckle!