Angry and frustrated

Nix M2

So I really didn't think I'd be posting something like this, but this morning I was involved in an accident. I'm fine - nice roastie on my elbow which hurts like a mother f@#% but in one piece otherwise, my poor, new 3 week old bike is not. rear staycracked right in half (gotta love that carbon!).

Was out on nice chilled training ride with the BF, when to avoid a collision with one of those notorious taxi's, I braked (suddenly i must addmit!) but yelled for the BF to stop, and the taxi too(!) neither did, and I ended up being the one taken out. And you know, I suppose no suprise to anyone, the taxi just drove off. But the thing that really got to me, was there was a Metro police car that saw the whole thing, he stopped got out the car looked at me, then got back in the car and drove off...so glad that we can count on them when in crisis. Confused

What can you do...planning on laying a complaint. I'm certainly not comfortable being on the road right now, knowing that I'll be ignored by the metro police if anything happens to me.

You lucky you werent killed like the others this weekend....

Bummer that the bike is broken, but a bust chainstay is far better than a bust neck.

I really cant tell you if the Metro ploice are actually bothered or not. I know this is generalising but I can tell you I wouldnt be holding my breath if I needed them in a hurry.

They always seem to be hiding behind the bush sleeping or parked in their car at a shopping centre.

Again, just generalising so please dont shoot me !!!

Ag no Nix...that's not good to hear!!! Hope you've got insurance? Glad you're okay though...could have been much worse.

Where were you riding?

Nix, glad to hear that you are ok. a bike (any bike) can be replaced. you can't.

please do report this to the independant complaints directorate.

Fortunatly I am insured, but we'll see how good they are with the claim!! (I have very little faith in insurance companies!)

I was riding on Somerset road, early Sunday morning.

Hope you at least got registration of Metro car . With this information you can really make it very uncomfortable for the SOB who did not do his job . If you are unsure how to do this PM me the detail and I will gladly do it .

**** girl. sorry to hear. Don't let it get to you! If you let this keep you off the road they've won, never!