Hunter gets overall win in Portugal

javadude

Guest colonel

I think everyone appreciates his talent and they would be stupid not to but clearly no one is impressed with his attitude. This may sound cliche but at the end of the day young kids do look up to him and he is a ambassador for our country.

In post race interview he mentioned that he won the Argus in Jo'burg last week.Maybe he is to shy to mention that Argus was in Cape Town?!

Great win from him,especially defending yellow jersey in the TT.

Clap

I think everyone appreciates his talent and they would be stupid not to but clearly no one is impressed with his attitude. This may sound cliche but at the end of the day young kids do look up to him and he is a ambassador for our country.

Have to agree here - he really does himself no favours with this over aggressive attitude. All it does is encourage more heckling and an ever increasing circle of negative vibes (I sound like a hippy Wink)

ja, good job by him and barlo team, Hunter 2nd in stage 1, 1st in stage 2, 2nd in stage 3 and and Sabido 2nd in stage 4.....

so they dominated the giro and now this race.....lets hope they really kick but on the continental circuit.

they'll have their work cut out next week in MSR...

Come on, stop bitching about Robbie's TT tirade!  Enough said about that already. 

Great, great win for a South African rider which we all should celebrate.  Not just a stage win, but an overall win in a 2.1 rated event!!!

Thumbs%20UpClapCoolClapClapClapClapClapClap

Great ride Robbie!!!!!ClapWould be nice if we could get some more tv coverage of races that Barloworld take part in.Anyone know if there will be coverage of MSR and will Barloworld be riding the Roubiax?

aren't barloworld sponsorinhg the cycling coverage on tv ? I would think they'd definately have MSR ?

If MSR is not on SS Maybe it will be on RAI 93 they have a schedule on their website. Will go check it out later!

Congrats to him. A good result.

Read in a interview with the Phonak Director Sportif Rene Savary last year saying the following......"Also Robbie Hunter. He has huge experience about how to ride a race and how to read a race. He knows exactly what is going on. He's our captain on the road. He takes the responsibilities so Floyd can just ride the race."

So he has respect. I respect his talent as well. Just don't like him very much is all.