Tour of Libya results anyone?

snah2

This Tour started on Saturday.Cannot find any results.Anyone has any info on how the SA team is doing up north?

WILLEMSE JNR MAKES HIS MARK IN TOUR OF LIBYA

By Team CSC/Marcello - 3/19/2007Printer%20Friendly

Team CSC/Marcello's Chris Willemse Jnr is currently the leading South African rider in the Tour of Libya.<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Willemse Jnr, who took third place in yesterday's 140km second stage (Sunday 18 March), has moved up to eighth position overall. He hopes to improve on his ranking and retain his place on the podium after today's 170km stage.  Eighteen teams from Asia, Africa and <?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 />Europe have entered for the event, according to Team CSC/Marcello manager, Chris Willemse Snr.

The 860km Tour of LibyaoN>, which is a 2.2 UCI-ranked event - the same ranking as the recent Giro del Capo - started on Saturday, March 17 and finishes on Friday, March 23, 2007.

Chris was also 3rd in yesterday's 170km stage ridden at an ave of 45.Now waiting for TT to improve his 8th overall.

Is also wearing the points jersey.

• 3 weeks later...

Such a shame that nothing is said about Shaun Davel that finished the best of the SA Squad. Well done Shaun.