Saturdays Crash-Pics

carnac

This is the result of Saturdays crash in Boksburg. There are 2 complete bikes in this little box, minus wheels. It seems that not a single component can be re used on either bike.20070319_054015_19032007011.jpg

marius, there are times when "smart alec" comments are funny (eg when i have one of my regular crashes) and times when discretion is the better choice as such comments can come accross as utterly tasteless.

CARNAC what happend? fill us in....

From what I can gather, a car coming from the opposite direction to the cyclists and travelling at about 140 k/h, hit the pavement and lost control going head on into the cyclists. 1 rider apparently - no injuries. The other badly hurt- both ankles broken as well as various other broken bones - in hospital and critical. The driver of the car was locked up without bail and will appear in court today.

Slowpoke, I did not wish for my comments to come across as being "smart alec" looking. I looked that the pics and it looks like the frames were cut in in half like CAADman also noticed, so what's the problem?

CARNAC what happend? fill us in....

From what I can gather' date=' a car coming from the opposite direction to the cyclists and travelling at about 140 k/h, hit the pavement and lost control going head on into the cyclists. 1 rider apparently - no injuries. The other badly hurt- both ankles broken as well as various other broken bones - in hospital and critical. The driver of the car was locked up without bail and will appear in court today.[/quote']

Carnac

Looking at that picture and reading this the two off them are extremelu lucky. Speed recovery to both of them. Hopefully the keep this driver locked up for live.

Is that the one driving a Golf that tried to run away and got caught by the cops?

Ouch, this is pretty ruthless. I'd hate to have been on the receiving end of that. Hope they all make a speedy recovery.

Is that the one driving a Golf that tried to run away and got caught by the cops?

Yes, and sadly no harm came to him.

Phew, what a lucky escape.  Maybe hitting the pavement, saved cyclists lives.

Speedy recovery to cyclists, and may driver rot in hell.