Roadies:Stop moaning and start behaving!

AiKona

Well-well, was it not yesterday that we had heated discussions about cyclists being knocked down ...mmm and how roadies are not considerate and arrogant???mmmm again...so this week I am driving to work and was forced this morning to use the right-lane as a whole bunch of roadies have taken over the road in BedfordView. I took a pic to show you oaks how much consideration you really have for cars... I was also forced by the guy ( red arrow) to wait  a few meters at 20 km/h since he was riding in the middle of the right-hand lane. There where only two lanes.....so guys if you get knocked down, what are the chances that you were looking for it?? I think great. The problem that I have is that I usually commute by bike and are now associated with a bunch of inconsiderate roadies who has NO respect for the OWNERS OF THE ROAD : Cars and trucks... You are squatters on the road, not the owners, as a cyclist you pay no tax to have it maintained.......

I fear the day when I get knocked over by a vigilante who is just so G@Tvol of cyclists...

So go ahead vloek me, scorn me, let's see how you justify this, and PLEASE don't tell me it an isolated incident - that will be the joke of the dayLOL

Related topics

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=11167

https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum_posts.asp?TID=11149

20070320_013738_DSC00093a.JPG

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LeTour, i think you've spotted correctly. AiKona, it is such a pity that the focus isn't better. the more of us that take a stand against this type of behaviour the better.

And he doesn't have a rear light. The guy on the left in blue should wear lighter coloured kit and they can at least wear reflective belts. But NO!, it's not "cool".

When people ride mtb's on tar does that make them roadies, I've seen too many of these guys who seem to forget they're on tar and what the rules of the road are.

This should not be a road vs dirt issue, it is a case of responsible cyclists (of all descriptions, on all bikes) vs the ones who give our sport a bad name.

Sort them out, whatever they're on!

MMMMM Looks like they wheren't the only arrogant people on the road!!

Opperating a cell phone / camera while driving ...Confused

Popcorn anyone? 

Hell......if you guys carry on long enough, I can go out to get some whiskey for the coke.....just have to wait for the damn Boeing.........

But please do carry on!!!!  This should be entertaining.........

SO.

Here is something you guys can debate.

Why moan? 

Why not sit and enjoy the radio and arrive 15 seconds later at work?  Less stressed arriving at work should do wonders.

Look at how much you shake while driving??  Definately not a good sign!!! 

Yes!

Someone must please post a video clip of a cyclist being knocked down/dragged while we're at it.

When people ride mtb's on tar does that make them roadies' date=' I've seen too many of these guys who seem to forget they're on tar and what the rules of the road are.

This should not be a road vs dirt issue, it is a case of responsible cyclists (of all descriptions, on all bikes) vs the ones who give our sport a bad name.

Sort them out, whatever they're on!
[/quote']

Couldn't agree with you more!!!Clap

Yesterday Aikona took a bash at roadies, saying they arrogant cyclist , when indeed its roadies and MTB'ers that are arrogant .

All road users need to be more considerate when using the road. I for one don't like training in big bunches during the week for the exact reason that can be seen in the photo.  I'd rather train alone an risk getting mugged or bike jacked ....atleast I have a chance to defend myself where as when getting hit by a car you dont even see it commingConfusedConfused

SO.

Here is something you guys can debate.

Why moan? 

Why not sit and enjoy the radio and arrive 15 seconds later at work?  Less stressed arriving at work should do wonders.

Look at how much you shake while driving??  Definately not a good sign!!! 

Yes,we might all end up less stressed if some of our fellow cyclists display some common sense and good manners!

sorry only one pic, and operated the camera while stationary at the RED robot. agreed 101, I 'ride alone on road, that way I am safer..in the veld I ride in a group