Cyclist hunts down shoplifter

zipp303

This article from iol.co.za  --  don't try this in your neighbourhood.LOLBig%20smile

Cyclist hunts down shoplifter

March 20 2007 at 03:52PM

Amsterdam - An 81-year-old Dutchman who saw a shoplifter flee a supermarket in The Hague chased after the thief on his bike and crashed into the man to stop him, police said on Tuesday.

Officers said the 81-year-old had observed the shoplifter 29, run from the supermarket with two employees in pursuit.

"The man did not hesitate a moment, followed the fleeing suspect on his bike, rode into his legs, whereupon both fell," police said in a statement.

The cyclist injured his hand and shin in the fall and had to undergo treatment.

The shoplifter was arrested and found to be carrying ?122 (about R1 200) worth of cosmetics, police said.

Cycling is very popular in the Netherlands. The famously flat country has more bikes than people with each resident riding an average of more than 900km a year.

Guest Big H

How does cyclists hunt down a SHIPLIFTER (sic)???????

Bravo Cyclist, Maybe we should adopt the same strategy when coming upon cyclists who don't stop at traffic lights and that hog the roadWink

I knew I was gonna get wacked over the knuckles for "shiplifter"   It should have been "shopfitter."LOL

Anyway, its a good story.  Apologies Big H . It won't happen again. I promiseHug

Guest Big H

You are excused and exonerated my Son.... go in Peace!!!!!

er hem! A shopfitter is a person who fits out a shop-a carpenter.

Should be Shoplifter.

That concludes todays english lesson.Wink

Bravo Cyclist' date=' Maybe we should adopt the same strategy when coming upon cyclists who don't stop at traffic lights and that hog the roadWink[/quote']

Good idea, but i don't think i'll try it! I have enough falls as it is thanks.

Guest Big H

goofs .... cyclists WILL have difficulty in stopping a SHIPLIFTER even Baiesukkel!!!!!!

Guest Big H

R2D2 .......MAY NOT!!!!!! stir until the "OFFICIAL" Wooden Spoon award is duly and democratically elected.