Monster - Massive disappointment valid?

Borriz

Most MTB'ers likes to do stuff that?s gonna challenge both their skills and body/mental fitness. Now for the fitness bit you can do lots of races like Karoo2Coast , Desert Dash , SAni2C and even To Hell and Back . These races are tough but any roadie can also do them and not complain to much , but for pure undiluted suffering in all disciplines nothing get close to the Monster .

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most MTB'ers likes to do stuff that?s gonna challenge both their skills and body/mental fitness. Now for the fitness bit you can do lots of races like Karoo2Coast ' date=' Desert Dash , SAni2C and even To Hell and Back . These races are tough but any roadie can also do them and not complain to much , but for pure undiluted suffering in all disciplines nothing get close to the Monster .[/quote']

Clap Jip... not for beginners!Clap

I had to brake cause i did not want to pass opc Embarrassed

Nathrix and OPEL' date=' what was your time? or where you one of the DNF?

Smile
[/quote']

75km

opc race = 5 hours

mine = 5 hours 50 min Cry

Yours?

nathrix2009-06-02 01:28:27

Most MTB'ers likes to do stuff that?s gonna challenge both their skills and body/mental fitness. Now for the fitness bit you can do lots of races like Karoo2Coast ' date=' Desert Dash , SAni2C and even To Hell and Back . These races are tough but any roadie can also do them and not complain to much , but for pure undiluted suffering in all disciplines nothing get close to the Monster .[/quote']

Clap Jip... not for beginners!Clap

The cool thing is, beginners can go for it as well, sure we wont kick ass as much but its awesome to go and experience all MTBing has to offer.  I started riding in Jan and managed to complete the 45km in 3:25, 128th.  So not lightning stuff, but was an awesome experience.
IdeJongh2009-06-02 01:41:19

Yep, complain they will. It reminds me of the Rock Pedal classic in George. People complained so much about the first day (seriously rocky and lekker tech) that the organiser had to change the route for the day back. Half of the field that had entered for the two day event packed it in that day.

Please, we need challenging races from a technical perspective.

I am really looking forward to Rooiberg this coming weekend, lots of nice climbing and the new, looooong strectch of singletrack should be amazing

Smile
[/quote']

75km
opc race = 5 hours

Yours?

YES YES YES !! I'm the winner of three Monster t-shirtsClap

4h48 !!

Opel... eat my dust !!

Smile
[/quote']

75km
opc race = 5 hours

Yours?

4h48 !!

Opel... eat my dust !!

Are there any photo's yet?

Smile
[/quote']

75km
opc race = 5 hours

Yours?

4h48 !!

Opel... eat my dust !!

Good question: I would like some pics from this race

Smile
[/quote']

75km

opc race = 5 hours

Yours?

4h48 !!

Opel... eat my dust !!

Now that's massively disappointing news, but well done! LOL

Smile
[/quote']

75km
opc race = 5 hours

Yours?

4h48 !!

Opel... eat my dust !!

Good question: I would like some pics from this race

I saw my ass at the last watercrossing (500m before the finish), gat oor kop in die water in !! Crossed the line freezing !Embarrassed

Hi There

I am a roadie that did the 75k monster for the first time-did die a couple of times!!!!!Managed to finish.Where do I check the results

You guys remind me of the Chinese women who bound their feet. It doesn't matter that it is excruciatingly uncomfortable and painful; the most important thing is it elevates you above the riff-raff.

Thus, it doesn't matter that the monster was really unpleasant and completely unrideable for sections. Just as long as we appear tougher than the roadies... smiley4.gif

You guys remind me of the Chinese women who bound their feet. It doesn't matter that it is excruciatingly uncomfortable and painful; the most important thing is it elevates you above the riff-raff.

Thus, it doesn't matter that the monster was really unpleasant and completely unrideable for sections. Just as long as we appear tougher than the roadies... smiley4.gif

Freudian slip by chance? Wink

No slip, Freudian or otherwise. Everybody knows MTBers suffer from some complex which requires them to prove their alleged superiority to roadies. smiley2.gif

Do you ever hear roadies boasting about "how that side wind really got rid of the dirty mountainbikers"? smiley36.gif