Vigne

nitsckie

I don't think it's the same but if it's at Lourensford then it will look damn close to that. Expect plenty climbing... Dead

It is in Lourensford, so you are going to be going uphill most of the time! Bring your climbing legs.

Great! Wacko

I suppose climbing legs would be required for the shorter route too, huh?

Ha ha.... ha.

Oh gee thanks Marius ConfusedBig%20smile

You don't happen to be a motivational speaker in your spare time, huh Wink

Ja - think I'm in for a very rude awakening. Did some good, long rides in preparation for the Argus MTB [i was expecting the worst], which was 26 km's, and quite frankly, I found it very reasonable...

Lourensford is "only" 22 km's - but I'm beginning to realise that this is going to be a whole new kettle of fish...

Thanks for the head's-up... Looking forward to getting the fitness up to the 50km's eventually... Vigne might just give me a good idea of how far I still have to go...

Stuff this good idea of how far I've come crap! Enter the long ride, then you'll know where you stand, nes pa?

Yep Titus - been toying with that notion for a while now...

And me thinks I'm going to be doing that the next time I enter a race Big%20smile

Afterall, would make for a far more interesting "rate your race" story...

Was it Armstrong who said - "After you puked, your body still has about 40% left..."

I am shooting myself in the foot here. I am a still a mtb newbie. I only did a few mbt rides and this be the longest one I will do. What do you guys recon I must do keeping in mind that I am a sub 3 Argus roadie????Nuke

Find your zone, stick to it and don't race with the front guys and crash and burn.  It's a long ride, so stay back, and keep it steady.  If you have the legs you will start passing the bunnies who shot their load one by one...Evil%20Smile

In the after math of the vigne-a-vigne I have got new found respect for mtb bikers. It is a really tough version of cycling.

I haven't had such a hard ride in a long time. It actually felt like back in the day when one did your first Argus  (the 5.30 hour one). There is no such thing as a break or recovery. Downhill , uphill .. its all the same.  Oh and I had about 3 falls. One with some blood. But damn its fun, much more fun than road.

nitsckie2007-04-01 11:07:47

Guest colonel

Yes I kaked off for a full 50km and 3:00:13 but this is my 1st mtb race out the way and it was good fun I will admit. colonel2007-03-31 09:34:40