Zipp SLC2 carbon handlebars, Counterfeit warning!!

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

From RBR

Zipp SLC2 carbon handlebars. <?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Zipp has posted this warning on its website:

"We have recently become aware of fake and counterfeit SLC2 handlebars entering the market and being sold on eBay. New product that finds its way onto eBay should be treated with extreme caution, is not covered under the Zipp warranty, and is subject to potential catastrophic failure. As these bars are less than our normal weight, are being made and sold outside of our control, we wish to alert all potential buyers to the danger that these counterfeit bars could pose."

This is extra serious because it involves handlebars. Have one snap during a ride and you won't have any more control than George Hincapie did when his fork broke in Paris-Roubaix last year. That image still haunts us.

The Zipp website has a number of "real vs. fake" photos showing how to spot the bogus bars. See them at http://tinyurl.com/2ekdlu

Guest Big H

but...... when they break while decending the last taste you get is that definite sh!t taste in your mouth.

but...... when they break while decending the last taste you get is that definite sh!t taste in your mouth.

On decend nie hier in die states nie oom. So dit behoort fine te wees?LOL

Guest Big H

Onthou maar net die k@k smaak Modder ou kerel!!!!! Dit proe nie lekker nie!!!!! Selfs Naval Hill is te kwaai vir daai smaak!!!!

Nee oom hulle sluit deesdae ons bergie. Blykbaar het dit bietjie rof gegaan daar bo. Hoe verskil daai smaak van die een wat jy kry as jy R2000 vir 'n handlebar betaal?