Shimano's profits in 2006 slipped

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

I wunder if the uffer company even shows a profit.... if so what is it!!!!!!

From RBR

Shimano's profits in 2006 slipped for the second year in a row despite slightly increased revenues, according to Bicycle Retailer and Industry News. The Japanese giant reported that net sales rose 1.5% to 170.3 billion yen ($1.43 billion) from 2005's 167.9 billion yen ($1.41 billion). Net profit for 2006 was $115 million. Shimano's bicycle components and parts remain the mainstay of its business, contributing 72% of net sales. Europe was the largest market in 2006, generating 39% of the revenues. Asia accounted for 27%, the U.S. for 17% and Japan for 15%. Shimano's 2007 forecast is for net sales of about 177 billion yen ($1.48 billion), which would be a record.<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

Guest Big H

Show us your companies marbles ou grootbek!!!!! Jy is te skytbang glo ek.

I'm sure Campagnolo makes far less than Shimano, just like Ferrari makes far less than Toyota. 

Quote=Big H]I wunder if the uffer company even shows a profit....

Campag has been around 70+ years, no doubt they have had to make a profit now and again to still be in business !

Ietsie vir die oompie

Besides distinguishing themselves for their unparalleled quality and performance, Campagnolo products have also become the benchmark of design. This is testified by the prestigious Compasso d?Oro award granted by the Associazione Design Italiano in recognition of the Veloce groupset, Ergopower integrated controls and Shamal high-profile wheels.
Campagnolo S.r.l. is not only involved in the cycling world, but dedicates itself to all sports in general.(NOT FEESHING) In fact, it was named by the Wall Street Journal as one of the most prominent sports brands in the world. A reputation earned not only as a result of the countless successes achieved in racing competitions, but also by virtue of the attention given to quality and to service that sets this company apart from all others.

Then again what does the wallstreet journal know The oompie knows all!!! Campaq has ceramic balls not glassballs like shimano!

Guest Big H

Pinky what kind salaries can defunct old omies using handfiles and hacksaws that are clones of Pinnochio's father demand. Makes sense that they could only just still be in business. Imagine if Shimano were to take over their company and they can at last also start manufacturing equipment of quality!!!!!!! even if they do not show a profit!!!!

Guest Big H

Nah Kritsie dit is net salestalk en al julle kempekker fools glo dit!!!!! Sheim!!!!!!

http://www.campagnolo.com/img/null.gif

In the tax year of 2003-2004 Campagnolo S.r.l. achieved a record 88 million Euros turnover, 72% of which derived from the export market, headed by France, the United States, Spain, Germany and Belgium. A crucial result for the Vicentine company, achieved in times of hardship and complication on both economical and political fronts.

Campagnolo S.r.l. products are created using only the most revolutionary technologies and prime-quality materials, namely carbon fiber, titanium and aluminium alloys employed in the aerospace industry. And it is precisely in the carbon-fiber sector that Campagnolo, after dominating the aluminium world for decades, has now decided to make a name for itself by applying technologies and applications that were previously deemed unthinkable. It therefore comes as no surprise that the Composites Department, founded in 1998, currently employs one third of Campagnolo?s employees.

Products in carbon fiber are constantly being created. The 2005 collection brims with cranksets, front and rear derailleurs, integrated controls, headsets, bottom brackets, seatposts, bottle cages and high and low-profile wheels all made from carbon fiber.

Guest Big H

As I said ....salestalk!!!!!! Even I can gloriously elaborate on the virtues of Shimano and I am a padmaker!!!!!!

Message to all the kempekker poeples..... please stop hitting Google so hard my internet has slowed down so much I cannot reply on your flattering rematks

Ek voel regtig sleg oor wat ek vir oompie gese het toe koop ek maar vir oompie n paar kousies.20070322_084601_sock_guys_wanke.jpg

Because it is an award for italian companies only! And because they can.

Read the bit about the wallstreet journal!

Guest Big H

kritsie dit is tyd vir jou bottel.... aanvaar dit seun en hou op om so issegrimmig te wees!!!!!!!