Licenced Vets to start from 35 yrs old?

Nialls101

Do you think Licenced Vets should start from 35 years of age?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Licenced Vets should start from 35 years of age?

• Yes
    • No
    • The current categories are working well

A family friend told me that Licensed Vets will soon be starting at 35 instead 30??? Do you think this is a good thing...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in which province and which discipline? In some provinces Vets are 30-39. It's a bigger range then what Elites are.

A family friend told me that Licensed Vets will soon be starting at 35 instead 30??? Do you think this is a good thing...

If you're over 35 yes!!

I suppose if you about 39 it would be a good thing. Doesn't it also depend on the size of the race?

Are they going to put it to a rider vote ala CSA style.

I would assume only at the start line of the first race next year LOL

Why even bother with putting guys between 30 and 40 in Vets at all?  I like the way they do racing over here in Europe.  The Vets are over 40 and then the under-40's can either race Elites (if they are super-fit) or they can race Amateurs when they get closer to 40.  It keeps the oldies fit and the youngsters on their toes!!!

I will have to wait a couple of years before racing SA's again.Cry There is 2 main problems with that idea for the "normal working" 30 -34 rider:

1. I work so cannot even think of competing with the pro's Ouch

2. I work so time is an issue for training distance/time in saddle, how will I be able to race 200km! My legs can barely race 100km!OuchOuchOuch

Its a UCI decision, not CSA. Already implemented for this years Masters Worlds track Champs.

Guest Michelle

How many decent vets are there in the 30 - 39 category that race often in Gauteng?? Maybe 30? With two or three teams actually willing to make the racing...

Now what do you think will happen if you remove half of them... hmm... Confused

I'd love to know why the obsession with age.  A strength-vs-strength category based system is the only way to go.

The only other separation should be amateur/pro.

I've also heard that this has been passed by UCi, actually some time ago already...... weird......

Guest colonel

Why even bother with putting guys between 30 and 40 in Vets at all?? I like the way they do racing over here in Europe.? The Vets are over 40 and then the under-40's can either race Elites (if they are super-fit) or they can race Amateurs when they get closer to 40.? It keeps the oldies fit and the youngsters on their toes!!!

Listen mofo we in SA not europe so it doesnt count. smiley2.gif

Guest colonel

How many decent vets are there in the 30 - 39 category that race often in Gauteng?? Maybe 30? With two or three teams actually willing to make the racing...

Now what do you think will happen?if you remove half of them... hmm... Confused

There will be half??

Luv ya gotta run....