re: Kilojoule reading on HR monitors...

I'm still using an old M51 Polar and so far it still does what I what it to do. My question is. When I was not as fit as I am now, which is not too great yet, I spend alot more time outside my training zone, which were set at 60%-80%. Believe me I struggled to get it in the zone but I was still dead tired. The kilojoule reading was very high then. Now that I spend most of my time in the zone, between 70%-95%, the kilojoule reading is much less. Can I maybe interpret it that because I manage to stay in the zone the polar "sees" it that I'm not doing that much work to stay in the zone and that I must increase the zones so that I can increase the kilojoules burned.

Hope this make sense.

The fitter one becomes the less exertion it takes to maintain that balance within the "Zone", so yes, if you want to increase the KJ burned, you have to increase your exertion and the best way, use bigger gears !

The fitter one becomes the less exertion it takes to maintain that balance within the "Zone"' date=' so yes, if you want to increase the KJ burned, you have to increase your exertion and the best way, use bigger gears !

[/quote']

Okay, thanks but "EK KAN NIE MEER NIE KORPORAAL!"

Well at least stop using granny gear Wink

Hey, what you're talking about. After yesterday's race I showed everyone that my bike was still on the big ring. Have no idea for how long I rode like that.

well done you have now taught your body to be efficient at 60-80%.  Now try some interbal training sessions, and see what happens.  I hope that your objective is to get FIT and not to loose FAT.  If you want to lose FAT go run....

well done you have now taught your body to be efficient at 60-80%.  Now try some interbal training sessions' date=' and see what happens.  I hope that your objective is to get FIT and not to loose FAT.  If you want to lose FAT go run....[/quote']

I've dropped from 95kg to 86.5kg since beginning of December and I'm still eating pizzas and chips and stuff. So riding does make you lose weight.