Best Knee Ointment?

Hi Guys,

I'm sure all of you have had this at some stage, tell me, what is the best to take for a sore knee, think it's just a bit inflamed??

thx

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesss, rest is good...I was thinking some kinda pill, a anti inflamitory one??? I have some stuff I smear on, it burns like hell there for it must be helping..

Hi Marius

If you are suffering from 'Knee-Moania', I suggest you check you bike set-up, especially saddle height. It could be too low or too high, hence the pain.

thx Shaunh, yip I did put a new saddle on two weeks ago, think my knee will just have to get use to it since I'm not taking it off again, have you ever tried to take of a saddle on a Specialized frame, not fun!!!Embarrassed

Have you tried making sure that the new saddle is the same height and has the same fore/aft position as your original setup?

hmmmmm, what about amputation below the jaw line... Wink

in all seriousness, if you plan on using an anti-inflamatory like cataflam then you must rest as well. lousy as it sounds, a decent period of rest is the best way to permanently sort it out

nah, I'm not resting, it's not that bad, it's actually fine when I cycle, it's when I rest that it starts bugging me. I changed the position of the saddle just a few mm, the hight is the same, it's just a bit more forward now, I always thought it was to far back in the past.

ok here's a very good treatment. A bit messy but it helpem me when I broke my shoulder. Was given to me by the dude who I go to accupuncture for (or dry needles as some call it here).

a) Rest

b) Get some fresh ginger and  peel of the skin.

Shave the ginger with a cheese grater or whatever

Get some kitchen plastic wrap and a helping hand

Place the shaved ginger on the inflamed bits and wrap it in the wrap Smile.

After a while, it will start to heat up, it's meant to do this. It will get VERY hot and try and stick it out for as long as you can.

The first few times maybe remove it after it gets a bit hot so you can get used to it.

Repat step b.

Basically the ginger increases the circulation to the inflamed area which helpd to heal it quicker.

gianni2007-03-26 08:09:50

What made you think it was too far back? Where is the kneecap in relation to the pedal axle. TitusTi2007-03-26 08:09:37