Who will win junior tour?

Spinners

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See Mr Price - YCA did give Tekton a run for there money. Team of mostly 1st years finished 2nd, whereas tekton all 2nd year rides.

Well i think the Mr Price WP team did really well..also lots of 1st years in their team...

Nice to know that some people can ride well on track and also on the road... smiley9.gif

WELL DONE TO THE MR PRICE WP TEAM...YOU GUYS DID GREAT AND LOUIS...VERY NICE smiley10.gif

There's not that big a difference between first year and second year juniors - Go look how often first year juniors have won the world championships, especially the time trial, where it's brute strength that matters. Last year's world road champion was also a fisrt year.

See Mr Price - YCA did give Tekton a run for there money. Team of mostly 1st years finished 2nd' date=' whereas tekton all 2nd year rides. [/quote']

Do you think 5min15 behind in the team competition is giving Tekton a run for their money!?!?

I am going to be honest.  It was hard in the during the first stage - but for the the guys it definately felt that it was Tekton against the rest of the field.  The other teams really did work well together to put us on the spot (good for us - we gonna need that in Europe). Luckily we saw that during stage 1 and we did not make the same mistake during stage 2.1. We knew the other teams expected us to chase down the break on day 2.1 but we knew exactly how strong every rider of us were and what they will be capable of once on the climb. 

David would not have won it without his teammates and he rightfull calls Bradley his wingman who made sure he gets to the final day in yellow. All the other teams probably hoped the guys would turn against one another - it is tempting you know, but the jnr tour is only one tour for us this year, we still need to do quite a few in EU later this year.  Everybody will get a chance.

On a climb such as the one in Golden Gate you are only as strong as your legs are willing to be.  We also knew if we make it hard on day one it will also tire the main competition and since we did only tour type of training the last couple of months we knew we would be better recovered the following day - luckily that worked outWink.

Excluding all the Tekton guys, Jean Spies impressed me very much - he is fighter, not a climber, could chase back the main field on the flats and still sprint at the end. 

Louis Boonzaaier - great GC finish. Remember normally the most consistent rider is not the one wearing the yellow - it is the one who is willing to take some risks and chances.  Go for the big breaks - you have the strength to do so.

Though on the final results you'll find the Mr Price teams in the final Team GC, but it was infact the HiQ red team who gave us a run for our money. Though they only finished 6th team, they road aggressive and made for good racing and gave every rider to try and take the lead from us.

Other names I think we gonna hear of sooner than later:  Edrich & Divan Rall (mtn) Andrew Reinard & Tiaan Swart(Mr Price)

AB van der walt (Mtn)and Frikkie le Roux (Chemspec) - keep the faith - your luck will turn.

The trackies also did well on tour, finished high up.  Potgieter, Ketterer, Bester, Funnel & Spies.  If our federation is clever they will get you Europe to race against other track teams well before worlds (but that is only my 2cents worth). 

It's true...the boys need to ride against people that will beat them...that is the only way they find the determination and strenght to push harder. If you win all the time...it's boring...

They do need to ride against some internation riders to that by the time it comes to worlds they will be alot stronger individually and espessialy as a team...

smiley1.gif