Trek International gone bust?????

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

Read on this link about Trek.... is there truth in the story????

Finally, you asked about good brands - that's the most difficult question!
At the end of the day, the brand does not matter, as long as you look at the above guides.

Brands of bikes common in South Africa are: Giant, GT, Kona, KHS, Mongoose.

You can get a good deal on Trek bikes as Trek internationally has gone bust, so models are being sold off to clear the stores. All of the above guys make ranges of bikes from reasonable to ultimate racers. At the cheaper end of
the scale are Avalanche or Raleigh, but once again you get what you pay for so use the above guides to make your choice.

It's a tough call, I hope the guides I've written help you make a better choice and that you and your family have many happy hours on the road.

I agree, thats a load of drivel. How common was KHS, unless you shopped at Morningside you would never see one.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Its ONE of the biggest brands WORLD WIDE!!!!!

I Garantee you this is bullsh*t!!!!

If you think Raleigh and Marida etc..move bikes, come along with me to TREK SA .....You'll sh*t yourself!!!! and they say compared to the rest of the world , there sales here locally are a drop in the ocean compared to European and US sales....

Oom H ...Dont believe everything you read!!!Wink
101%2007-03-27 06:37:46

Well spotted Frosty, I think that was when Trek wasn't really coming into this country, somewhere between the takeover from the RavX guys to the cyclelab guys?

Yes, you gotta see their warehouse, amazing.  If you can't make money out of selling that many bikes then you should become a lifesaver.

Sent the link through to Gary at Just Fun - he might even decide to comment!

Guest Big H

Thanx Frosty.... I did not read the article. A friend emailed me asking advice on a insurance claim. I must admit I did not read the article properly and just made use the the wide base of very alert readers and techno boffins to answer. For a change I have work to do today!!!!!

Guest Big H

Kritsie jy sit die pot nie ver mis nie..... TREK is deur 'n Suid Afrikaner begin en die TREK waarvan jy praat is die Groot Trek...... hulle wapen was selfs in die begin twee gekruisde voorlaaiers. So De La Rey is hier ook in orde en hoog tyd dat 'n leier vernoem word in 'n fiets.

Dit is altyd goed as 'n "world leading brand" weer terugkom huistoe.