LICENSING - ONCE AGAIN

driewiel

Sensitive viewers please move away from your screens. I am now officially GATVOL. Briefly, paid in December 2008, no license yet, checked with club, checked with CGC on numerous occasions, always starts a merry-go-round of you have it, no you have it. Received an SMS on May 1, 2009, From CSA, "your license has been dispatched and will be ready for collection on May 4". So I launch a query to CGC today, because every clunb in Gauteng must get there licenses from them. SURPRISE, No @#@#ing license. Can I give up now???AngryAngryAngryAngry F@#@ing useless, useless, USELESS. Maybe I should take my photo in hand to Cycling SA, and wait while they make my card.

OK, we seem to have found the kinkel in the cable. The licenses are not being collected bythe clubs, and have been returned to myrace. My apologies to CGC and Myrace(CSA), I will try another glass of water next year......Wink

Stadige ByBig%20smile, I think i googled the movie and saved the image, pm me and i will send them on.

I sent this friendly mail:

<>

Hi,

Please advise, I have STILL not received my

license.

I have been waiting for months now. I have received

the newsletters, where my reference is as follows

Your license details:

Licence Type: Racing Licence

Licence number:

/strong>

Pending

Racing season is

goin to start soon, and I would like to know if this license is going to be

issued this year.

Many Thanks

Mike

I got this response from Tarryn@cyclingsa.com

<>
Dear Claire,

Please could you urgently approve Michael

Hardy-Brown's application.

Thanks

Tarryn

But haven't heard anything yet

Licensing is a HUGE problem. but the riders are not blameless. i have about 200 licences sitting in my office and have emailed all the people at least twice to get their delivery address so our courier can personally deliver these licences. think i have an answer yet?

i agree the cyclists are not blameless, if you are in central gauteng, contact the province via email, and someone will help you sort it out

Look to your club for answers.

I applied on line, within a week my club called to say that the card was ready.

Literally the easiest process i have ever experienced.

Stadige ByBig%20smile' date=' I think i googled the movie and saved the image, pm me and i will send them on.[/quote']

LOL

i like it!

There's clearly something wrong in the system, but a rider should be able to function whether their license has arrived or not.  If I remember correctly, they should get their number in the newsletter, and organisers of races do receive a list of entrants with an indication if they're licensed or not.

If a rider is charged a day license fee or fined, despite being licensed, I have a sneaky suspicion that that fees is plowed into someone's vacation rather than cycling as it should be.

There's clearly something wrong in the system' date=' but a rider should be able to function whether their license has arrived or not.  If I remember correctly, they should get their number in the newsletter, and organisers of races do receive a list of entrants with an indication if they're licensed or not.
If a rider is charged a day license fee or fined, despite being licensed, I have a sneaky suspicion that that fees is plowed into someone's vacation rather than cycling as it should be.
[/quote']

Ummm, should it not be REFUNDED to the cyclist?

If you have a race number surely this is proof of having a license?

In this day an age you would think that organisers would have access to a list of licensed riders.

A gap for someone to provide this service maybe

There's clearly something wrong in the system' date=' but a rider should be able to function whether their license has arrived or not.  If I remember correctly, they should get their number in the newsletter, and organisers of races do receive a list of entrants with an indication if they're licensed or not.

[/quote']

Ummm, should it not be REFUNDED to the cyclist?

It should. I think that's why the lists are not being used. After all, why pay for your own vacation, if someone else could.