Worcester Wheeler's nasty fall !!

no calves

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Spokes.

Ja, spot maar.... Maar jy sal nie glo hoeveel sulke klein dingetjies help met jou gemoedstoestand nie.

Die infeksie in my kop wond is vinnig aant beter raak nadat ek op anti biotika gesit is twee dae terug.

Het pas my eerste "toer" gehad deur die lengte van die F saal, het al die pad self gestap met die fisio wat net my aan die een arm ondersteun het.

So ons is darem nou al suksesvol oor die tweede hekkie (1ste hekkie was traksie, 2de hekkie was begin rond beweeg met my "vlooiband" Wink

Hulle het vanoggend xtrale geneem van my nek en ek wag nou op hete kole om dr se prognose oor die vordering te hoor.

Groete

Franna

WW.... so good to see a photo of you in a 'sitting' position.

I cannot believe that four weeks have passed already.... take care of yourself, and don't overdo the sitting up.... It must feel like 'heaven'.

Love

Pedal

xx

Thanks Pedals,

They say "Time flies when you're having fun"

Well I can definately confirm that it flies even faster when you are surrounded by supportive family & friends.

Thanks to ALL of you!!!!!

Oops ...  justed wanted to say Francois, you may be the Biggest Looser afterall. Winter is hard on a mans body, to much Pizza and to few rides. Request for "Druiwe Sap and Pizza" noted! ... C U Soon.

Oops ...  justed wanted to say Francois' date=' you may be the Biggest Looser afterall. Winter is hard on a mans body, to much Pizza and to few rides. Request for "Druiwe Sap and Pizza" noted! ... C U Soon.[/quote']

Hi Myles, we will have to wait and see when I get home and can step on the scale again....

My wife has tried to bring me more healthy snacks like dried fruit etc, but still being spoilt by other visitors with other more tempting treats....

(And now that I have my "dog collar", I can reach the cubboard where my wife stashes the cookie jar......LOL

Glad you are up and about! Don't rush into the recovery phase, your body will tell you when it is the right time to push yourself. Strongs mate.

Glad you are up and about! Don't rush into the recovery phase' date=' your body will tell you when it is the right time to push yourself. Strongs mate.

[/quote']

Dont worry, there this race happening in France.... with two weeks of live action to follow....Wink

Probably a once in a lifetime opportunitiy to see so much coverage of the TDF.

hey ou maat!!

Was lekker om jou vandag weer te sien...skuus dit het so lank gevat om by jou uit te kom, as dit nie vir die 900km tussen Bloem en Worcester was nie, was ek lankal daar.. Maar jy en Natasha is elke dag in my gebede en gedagtes, dis die bes wat ek kon doen vanuit die koue plek.

Bly jy lyk so gelukkig met daai stut jong...sterkte met als!! Sal my bes probeer om more weer gou te kom inloer. Mooi bly. x

Great news!!

The Dr just came to confirm that he's happy with the progress of my neck & arm, so I'm going HOME today!!!

Three weeks rest & recovery at home till my next visit to go see the Dr.

In the meantime physio will now begin in earnest on arm to help it straighten completely.

Special thanks to my sister & brother in law, they organised me a "lazyboy" chair that will make life easier at home.

So to all of you that still wanted to come visit me, you can now visit me at home!!

Hallo daar ou Grote!!

Dog ek vra maar hoe dit daar by die huis gaan.. Kan Nats darem nou al weer praat?? Met ons laaste kommunikasie gister het dit so bietjie sukkelrig gegaan.

Actually I also wrote to thank some people for their contrabutions to the fund.

Thanks First Ascent SA (can't remember if I thanked you previously), Naas Vermaak (thanks Naas) and ABSA (interest on account)!!!ClapClapClap

Clap

Thanks guys, now that Franna is home the bills are coming in thick and fast. By the way, ek hoop daai pynpille is vrekken sterk (soos klein Ben sal s?) vir daai prys!!

Cheers vir eers.

Hi Spokes. (Nats se stem is beter, maar tydens haar dienste as "nurse" het sy nou 'n tussenribspier beseer om my loggeliggaam te moet orals help)

Once again a HUGE thanks to everybody who contributed to my fund.

Without this there would have been absolutely NO way that I would have managed to come home early.

I was torn between to comfort of being cared for in hospital, with free nursing, med's, physio, and occupational therapist (to help fix elbow), and the comfort and warmth of my own home with my family.

Would have been a better financial decision to stay in hospital for a few days longer and try and stay there as long as possible trying to milk the hospital plan....., BUT no money in the world could buy the expression of joy and relief on my wife and kids once I came home.

So to each & every one of you that have made a contribution, you have helped make my decision that much easier and have braught me and my family some joy through these tough times.

It's certainly no picknick at home.....

I'll spare you all the details, but suffice to say that I am really blessed with a wonderfully supportive wife, who is currently caring for three kids. A 8yr old daughter, a 10yr old son, AND a 88kg baby......

At least I know she'll be ready for another one Wink

Hope you all enjoy the weekend and all the action in the Alps at the Tour de France.

Cheers and thanks again for all the support, sms's e-mail's, visit's & phone calls.

Guest Big H

Jislaaik Soois..... ek is bly vir julle..... GENIET!!!!!!!