Petrol Price Goes Up Again

OcTaLL

I heard this morning on radio that the petrol price will be going up next Tuesday with 72c (coastal).

I wish everybody(the whole country) would just one day institute a stay away, National Strike. I am no economist but when I watch the news the fuel prices are going down and the R/$ stays relevantly canstant.

What is the chances of contacting as many people as possible regarding this and starting "a movement against high petrol prices"?

I don't know but personally I think we (the people of the country) can make a difference.

This is a knee jerk reaction to the $6 spike in the crude oil price thanks to Dubya and co looking for k@k in Iran.

The fact that the R:$ is fairly stable will probably see the price coming down the following month, the drop will be less than the rise, leaving us still paying more, this will have a longer term inflationary effect, which will lead to potentially higher interest rates. Higher interest rates will make the consumer suffer but  SA fixed interest investments become a good option for offshore investors which will hopefully lead to demand for rands which will potentially strengthen the currency which will lead to rates coming down. The cycle will pretty much start again from there.

Wolverine, sorry to inform you but Dubai is not involved with the oil. They do not have oil. Their main reason for development and wealth is trade. Sure their sheiks have a finger in the pie of oil rich countries but Dubai is "dry". Their petrol price is 1durham per litre. about R2 per liter.

The fact that the R:$ is fairly stable will probably see the price coming down the following month' date='
[/quote']

Rand hasn't been stable at all!! 

Wolverine' date=' sorry to inform you but Dubai is not involved with the oil. They do not have oil. Their main reason for development and wealth is trade. Sure their sheiks have a finger in the pie of oil rich countries but Dubai is "dry". Their petrol price is 1durham per litre. about R2 per liter.

[/quote']

Dubya (as in George Dubya Bush) not Dubai!

Wolverine' date=' sorry to inform you but Dubai is not involved with the oil. They do not have oil. Their main reason for development and wealth is trade. Sure their sheiks have a finger in the pie of oil rich countries but Dubai is "dry". Their petrol price is 1durham per litre. about R2 per liter.

[/quote']

Dubya (as in George Dubya Bush) not Dubai!

Okay sorry, my bad.

We could ofcause all drink less to compensate for the loss in income !! ..... That was a k@k idea , let's just rather eat less.

The fact that the R:$ is fairly stable will probably see the price coming down the following month' date='
[/quote']

Rand hasn't been stable at all!! 

Please note FAIRLY.

Might not feel that way but in relative terms it certainly has been stable over the last few months

[/quote']

Ai Mampara

Is there a reason for your nickname?